Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Tonight is bad, really bad.

I spoke to my aunt after nearly 7 months and she told me to "stay positive" and to just "be happy" ....well, I'm not choosing to suffer, I want to feel better but I CANT. I haven't left my bedroom for over a week and nothing feels good anymore. Good news doesn't matter and Im tired.

Positive affirmations may work for some people but I can't apply them to my real life and I don't know how to just "switch" myself into self care mode like everyone around me is suggesting.

What *actually* helps you feel better mentally (even if it's just temporary) ? What helps you stay here in your body and decide to live another day?

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, WinterFaust, Woodnote and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If I'm ruminating about a negative past event, I can snap out of it by thinking, "Well thank god that's over."

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
What *actually* helps you feel better mentally (even if it's just temporary) ? What helps you stay here in your body and decide to live another day?

Change.
Just changing something, if I can find the motivation.
Something that tilts my rudder a bit in another direction, sends me off on a new tragectory.
There'll be depression on the path ahead eventually, assuredly. But I'll deal with that when I get there.
The important thing now is to move past this present pain and put it behind me, make it a distant memory and forget about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pryras
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I've been told to just " be normal" when I was manic, people just don't know what they're saying.

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust, Pryras and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I always hesitate when I hear the word "just" in that kind of context. It's a negation of what is, followed by a replacement of what is desired. What is, does not disappear in a poof. It needs acknowledgement, consideration, gentle interaction, and support; to be uplifted though compassion, not knocked down, broken, and crushed.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: HelensNepenthe, Pryras and GoBack
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Only drugs/alcohol...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: FranCanSee and Pryras
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
I hate it when people say "Just get over it" with depression. Likee seriouslyy?!?!?!

I guess, its the thought that all this will be over. Maybe not soon but it will.

• Hugs
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I hate it when people say "Just get over it" with depression. Likee seriouslyy?!?!?!

I guess, its the thought that all this will be over. Maybe not soon but it will.

It's so irritating when they think it's a "choice" ....as if we actually want to hurt. Depressed people should just smile and Anorexics should just eat.
I've been told to just " be normal" when I was manic, people just don't know what they're saying.

Had someone roll their eyes and shake their head when I said I couldn't "just be happy" ...yes, I've tried unfortunately forcing emotions that aren't there and pretending to care about yourself doesn't work

Last edited:
Reactions: GoBack
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I'm in physical pain 24/7 and I'm told even by my support workers to 'help yourself" in order to feel better. They are clueless. As if I'm able to self diagnose myself and magic the pain away!

• Love
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Having a panic attack right now. My head is going to burst.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Intimacy is my drug of choice. I can partake in its many pleasures all day long. Pleasuring a woman on both a mental and physical level is something that can not be put into words. Some great writers have tried and they all have failed.

The problem is, finding that someone... I wish normal drugs worked as it would be far easier and more plentiful...