steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Why do I feel so guilty about wanting to hang myself? What can I do to get past it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You should not feel guilty it's your personal decision. Ik it's not that easy. May I ask why you want to hang yourself?

Reactions: butterfly000 and steppingoff
steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Extreme Anxiety - I just can't function some days
You should not feel guilty it's your personal decision. Ik it's not that easy. May I ask why you want to hang yourself?
I just need to find a way to get past those guilty feelings. They just only add to my anxieity

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I can imagine that this is agonizing. Did you try meds? Therapy? Have you talked to a psychiatrist?

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
I can imagine that this is agonizing. Did you try meds? Therapy? Have you talked to a psychiatrist?
Not with much impact - short relief, and then it just comes back in a new wave. I just keep thinking there is only one form of relief that will work for me. If I could get past the guilt

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Not with much impact - short relief, and then it just comes back in a new wave. I just keep thinking there is only one form of relief that will work for me. If I could get past the guilt
Do you feel guilty only for yourself or for your family/friends or others? It's really not that easy. Not that I want to to stop you - it's your own decision at any time - but I think you should try harder especially if you have support and the abilities to do so. I think, it could also be some kind of SI (that feeling of being guilty). I always say the it's easier to overcome SI when the pain of living becomes greater than the pain/fear of death.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Do you feel guilty only for yourself or for your family/friends or others? It's really not that easy. Not that I want to to stop you - it's your own decision at any time - but I think you should try harder especially if you have support and the abilities to do so. I think, it could also be some kind of SI (that feeling of being guilty). I always say the it's easier to overcome SI when the pain of living becomes greater than the pain/fear of death.
I think it is SI that I need to overcome. I have always wanted to make a small footprint on the earth, but if I CTB, it may be bigger than I intended. I am pretty certain though, it's the best way forward for me.

• Hugs