JustHeckinKillMe

JustHeckinKillMe

Cool I'm dead
Sep 26, 2019
It's been 6 days now and I still cringe in embarrassment and anxiety.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not_actually_human, Seafoam, Wannagonow and 9 others
W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
It's been 6 days now and I still cringe in embarrassment and anxiety.
Everything you say should be confidential so unless you lied or something you should not be embarrassed. if it helps you get better just be honest and share everything

Reactions: LivideLamb and bed
B

BurningMan

Dec 25, 2022
A psychiatrist is a trained professional there to diagnose, treat and prevent your mental state from deteriorating further and is there to get you the best treatment possible. I think for most people opening up about their mental state is a cringeworthy experience because it leaves us in a vulnerable state. You did the right thing ultimately and they are legally obligated to keep it between you and them. I'm proud of you!

• Love
Reactions: hemlock_gal, Seafoam, Rairii and 6 others
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I understand very well. For me it is really difficult to open up my psychologists. I dont know why, but my feeling of shame is 10 from 10 if I show myself. I think the best you could do is speaking about this feeling of shame in the next session. Explain how difficult it is to say that. I think you have nothing to lose.

In the moment I wrote that to you, I realise that I have to do exactly that in my next meeting with my psychologists. I hope I dont forget this.

Its difficult. It is great that you had tell it your psychiatrist... I dont know If I can do that. You are really brave!

Reactions: Seafoam and LivideLamb
Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
Its hard to build trust with psychiatrist. They work on schedule lol. From my experience they never make a full diagnosis. They wait until you crash not even then. Now its your maktoub deal with it. Never built a trust relationship with my psychiatrist but that is just me. I' m dependent so they dictate how I proceed seeing that I don't have much solutions in hand bc of no source of income. Hard to keep a steady job when you have psycotic episodes from bdd and chronic stress and really poor social skills. Not that the last one is so helpful when you have psycotic epiaodes. Feeling disconnected sucks.

Hope you get to build a steady trusting relationship with your professionals. And sorry that session make you feel so bad.

R

Red-Eyed-and-Blue

Dec 27, 2022
Everyone else in this thread is correct, but I wanted to add - psychiatrists have literally heard it all before. I guarantee you they've heard worse and more embarassing than what you told them.

Reactions: Celerity and Seafoam