fireplace19

fireplace19

What’s the use of burning red hot?
Feb 7, 2021
For the first time I think today, the idea of being gone simply felt overwhelmingly peaceful. Usually there's fear or hesitance mixed in there, but I actually feel different. Like I don't have any want to hang on to things or leave any kind of remnants. The reality that I can disappear and nobody will have anything left to obsess over, is so so good.

I felt today that I'm very close to the end, and I think when humans think this, they're generally not wrong. Like how people can predict their own deaths physically, I think mentally is the same. I hope I'm not wrong, it truly is a life not worth worrying over.

That's something else too; I've promised people before if worst comes worst I'll simply live as nothing, since I think most of us can agree nothing silly is worth worrying over compared to this which is ultimate. If you feel okay with it, I recommend spending a while doing whatever you please. There's nothing to worry about.

I wanted to re share something I read the other day about fear of dying, because the process is mostly what worries me.
Death itself is finality. The process of dying, is actually living painfully. People can be dying and continue to live. You cannot permanently pass through death and continue to live.
In that, death will come to save you from the process. It is something to help. This was a way I'd never thought about before, but is also a great relief.

I wanted to ask if anyone's got anything I should know to line up before attempting. Or if anyone has anything else to help overcome that humanly instinctual fear.

Everyone, live knowing you can be free someday. I hope you all have a peaceful day.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, RedHarlequin, LittleBabyNothing and 2 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Thank you for this. I have been in a situation of late who's outcome will decide my fate. Its been leaning heavily towards the final decision of late and tonight, it pretty much was set. Will make a last ditch desperate attempt tomorrow at saving what is left of my life and if that fails, well, only thing to do is exit. Problem is, I have been apprehensive about the act. Letting go is a lot harder this time because there is more at stake here. But your words gave me great solace and comfort and I thank you for it.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, blahblahhh and fireplace19
fireplace19

fireplace19

What’s the use of burning red hot?
Feb 7, 2021
Thank you for this. I have been in a situation of late who's outcome will decide my fate. Its been leaning heavily towards the final decision of late and tonight, it pretty much was set. Will make a last ditch desperate attempt tomorrow at saving what is left of my life and if that fails, well, only thing to do is exit. Problem is, I have been apprehensive about the act. Letting go is a lot harder this time because there is more at stake here. But your words gave me great solace and comfort and I thank you for it.
That's ok friend. I hope however things happen you will finally be ok with it.

• Love
Reactions: avoid_slow_death