willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
about a month and a half ago i decided to start self weaning off of my meds without doctor advice. i started by taking myself down from 150mg/day to 100mg per day and i felt more depressed than i had in a long time. despite this, about a week ago i decided to continue weaning down to 75mg/day. and i've felt so much better. i feel almost as good as i did in recovery. it's strange that lowering the dose made me feel better. after a few weeks at this dose i will take myself down to 50mg

Reactions: Venus13, makethepainstop, onlyanimalsaregood and 1 other person
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Good for you. I don't know about yours but so many physicians just start people on "standard" doses when there's really no harm (afaik) in going slow and building up from less. Maybe you've found the sweet spot but subtle changes with time to observe the effects is a good way to go. 👍

Reactions: makethepainstop
StruggleWithin

StruggleWithin

Gnothi Seauton
Aug 8, 2022
Really happy for you! It is such a relief feeling better and knowing that you are okay off medication. I am working with my doctor to get off my psych meds. It's been going great. I touch base with them again next week. Hopefully that will be it for that medication. I was on couple different meds. I never needed medication before my serious depression and anxiety set in from 3 years of neglecting self care. I think that cause my brain's chemistry to get unbalanced and I needed the help of medication to get rebalanced. I also had a class for DBT; it really helped a lot. It took long enough to rebalance, about 3 years too. But this past year I have felt great and decided to see about getting off of some pharmaceuticals. Excited for you; best of luck to you!