SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
I was leaving Green Hills Mall today in Nashville, and noticed a homeless man on the street holding a sign. I pulled out my wallet, handed my wife the $5 I had on me and said roll down the window and give it to the man when we're close enough. The light turned red as we got closer and my wife waived him over. Instead of handing the man the money and rolling the window up I took some time to talk how he was doing, and how his day was. You could tell he felt ashamed approaching the car, but when I initiated legitimate conversation he relaxed, and even smiled. Now this mall is in an area that's more high end. I don't live their, my wife enjoys window shopping the designer bags so I tag a long. In return I get out the house, and stick a middle finger to my anxiety. I don't enjoy talking to other people, but find myself drawn to interacting with those who I know are struggling since I battle everyday with my own personal struggles. I haven't been on this site very long but enjoy seeing the empathy that is shared across this site to others asking for help. I even noticed the car behind me gave him money. I even said look at that to my wife. I told her a little empathy goes a long way when you show others what this country (US) should have been doing. I told her nobody should be forced to wander the streets trying to scavenge for there next meal, or searching for a place to lay down. I don't have a lot but make an effort to help others in need when I can. It's sites like this one that makes me want to help with the help I've received here.

• Love
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, mesohappy and lovemelovemenot