Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Does anyone find that feeding your problem makes it "better"?

To specify I'm not talking about drinking ect but basically continuing the abuse. Say you were physically abused and the person use to put cigarettes out on you and every now and again you just have this need to burn. (literally just an example, not the specific problem I'm having).

I know it's probably not healthy but I can't think of/find another way to make it shut up, at least for a little bit.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I know that some sex-positive therapists encourage victims of sexual abuse who have masochistic tendencies to engage in safe BDSM play. I guess it might empower a certain type of patient

Reactions: Bat 17
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
Well we know sufferers of abuse often feel a compulsion to repeat it, particularly if there is a sexual element. I've often wondered why that is, I guess it comes from us being complex emotional creatures.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I get what you mean. Our minds can torture us with constant thoughts and doing an physical action is giving ourselves release from that. It can be an coping mechanism when we are going through trauma. Even know I haven't really done it, I think it's why people self harm, it eases the emotional pain.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I know that some sex-positive therapists encourage victims of sexual abuse who have masochistic tendencies to engage in safe BDSM play. I guess it might empower a certain type of patient
And if that doesn't work?