RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
The German Federal Court of Justice just acquitted a woman who injected her husband with a lethal dose of insulin and overturned a previously given suspended sentence. The Federal Court of Justice disagreed with the previous court ruling and argued that she didn't legally "kill" her husband because the suicidal person in this particular case had full control over his own life. She merely assisted suicide. It's quite surprising they ruled like that because that was basically a case of active euthanasia. The woman injected the lethal dose of insulin at his request mainly to ensure death after he already took all medicines avaiable in the house to end his life and his suffering.

German source:

English source:

This is a great case of assisted suicide that's exercised as an act of mercy and the court obviously recognised that. These are very important steps towards a more progressive, more empathic and more respecting society. And it doesn't take much critical thinking to realize that the the ideas discussed in this forum come from a very similiar place, considering most countries on this planet outright banned(!) any type of assisted suicide. The lack of such compassionate and considerate laws is what makes people come to this forum to discuss strongly neglected human rights. I said it in the past and I'll say it again: the right to die is a human right and people deserve to have a peaceful way out.

Some background information for those that missed it: the German Federal Court of Justice based their court ruling on a court ruling from 2020, in which the Federal Consitutional Court of Germany ruled back in 2020 that there is a right to assisted suicide. They declared that "the right to end one's life is rooted in human dignity and therefoes does not require any additional explanation and justification" and it's by far the most progressive court ruling on assisted suicide I've ever seen to this date. Here are some snippets from the previously linked court ruling of the Federal Constitutional Court.

That's a very clear statement. So there is definitely progress in some countries happening right now and Germany serves as a great example where the jurisdiction gets it right for once. That's something to look forward to.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: wljourney, Ripple, Mary5689 and 13 others
nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
I'm glad that society is becoming more and more pro-choice and open to assisted suicide. I think it's great that the German government actually said that people have the right to ctb and they gave an explanation that actually represents pro-choice ideas accurately, unlike people who say "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem! Things will always get better!"

I'm in the US and as far as I know, the members of our government unfortunately don't think the same way as members of the German government do. I hope that the US becomes a little more progressive regarding these issues and follows in the footsteps of Germany and other European countries that allow death with dignity. It would be great for me and others on this forum to be able to get a quick injection or something else neat and foolproof and die that way instead of jumping off a bridge or hanging or something like that to escape our pain.

• Love
Reactions: Mary5689, Shivali, Dead Meat and 2 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
That's good for her and her husband. Because suicide and choice are illegal, people have to resort to desperate acts in order to die in peace. This won't happen any time soon in the United States. The US government is disgustingly greedy. The US people love being whores and slaves to life and they blame all the evils in life on people's choices rather than life itself. They believe a loving god created a predatory world with this much suffering in it. The US is a cult of life and suffering worshippers.

• Love
Reactions: Shivali, Dead Meat and RainAndSadness