P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
Yeah I'm scared of making relationships that are too close for comfort. I think they're always doomed to fail. I don't know how to, you know, keep people happy and want to hang out with me.
Right now I'm pretty content to keep any friendships I have online, but I do get longings and desperation to make irl friends. And maybe date too, but dating frightens me much more.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cast_Away, narval, Ame and 4 others
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
I don't know how to keep people happy either. Always did my best for the others, yet I was always left behind.

Doesn't mean that you shouldn't try. If you like to be with other people, hang out with then, make friends, date, you should go for it.

Try and you might fail. Don't try and you will fail.

Rejection hurts. Happened to me today, not nearly my first time but it still hurts like it was the first.
But we gotta do our best. Before we ctb, we need to make sure we tried everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, BitterlyAlive_, AnnonyBox and 1 other person
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
Yup, I'm scared of relationships, but I really want to be married and have a family. So I kinda have to play the stupid dating game.
I don't know how to keep people happy either. Always did my best for the others, yet I was always left behind.

Doesn't mean that you shouldn't try. If you like to be with other people, hang out with then, make friends, date, you should go for it.

Try and you might fail. Don't try and you will fail.

Rejection hurts. Happened to me today, not nearly my first time but it still hurts like it was the first.
But we gotta do our best. Before we ctb, we need to make sure we tried everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
All my past relationships have failed so I know better than to try again, now I actively avoid people

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Justnyc and demuic
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I'm pretty sure I have attachment issues. I can relate to what you're saying. Although close relationships are nice, they're pretty scary.

But I like what @Midgardsorm said about trying. I know it's difficult, uncomfortable, even kinda terrifying. Yet you may be surprised at the people that come into your life. There is the risk of having even more relationship-related pain when you put yourself out there, sure… But IMO it sometimes beats the pain of not trying at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Ame
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
People never stick around long enough for me to find out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People are just disappointing and are capable of causing us a lot of pain. I am naturally introverted and I tend to avoid people these days. I have had bad experiences being close to others in the past.

• Aww..
Reactions: demuic and Ame
TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

Mar 2, 2021
I try not to make any new relationships. I don't want to hurt anyone because of my decision.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, demuic, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I don't have time for people. Opiates are all I need