F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Anybody have a fear of the winter months? Like u are just extra worried u could end up homeless out in the cold. Car breaks down in the worst place or accident bc of shit roads. I hate this about being in CO. I hate when we get bunch of snow every other week. I'm ready to go to the warmth now. This is killing me here lol!

• Love
Reactions: Circles, mediocre, charlottewilts and 2 others
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: protonic76, Circles, mediocre and 6 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of it, but I hate going out after it gets dark. . . Particularly when it's cold. I also don't like traveling too far from home in the winter for fear of getting stuck or stranded, as you described.

Reactions: Circles and Final Escape
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I love winter. Give me snow. I don't go out, but love looking at it. I hate heat and sun. Like it dark too.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, sleepy dog, siray and 7 others
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I have no fear, I just hate winter, snow and dark. I'd like to spend it in some warm place on the South, but not this winter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, Final Escape and littlelady774
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
After Christmas is especially depressing. There's really nothing to look forward to for several months until maybe the spring. But even spring is depressing.
Then summer comes and everyone around you is laughing and happy because the sun is shining and they're at the beach or outside., but then I'm inside on the couch, in the dark and can barely move sometimes because the depression is so bad.
Then people say "Maybe you're coming down with something" or "Maybe you're sick".
I'm just like "no, I'm not coming down with anything, I'm just depressed."
They say, "Is that all? Just shake it off and come outside. You'll feel better"

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Final Escape, Astral316 and 1 other person
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yes there is something extra depressing about this time of year. I have been homeless before in winter and it was brutal. I was about to be homeless again recently and I'm still terrified. Although summer isn't much better because everyone is out laughing and having fun and I'm all alone either way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Circles, Final Escape and 1 other person
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I hate driving in the snow. Driving home from my last job use to take 25 minutes under normal conditions but during a snow storm it would take like 90 minutes of driving 10mph all stressed out to the max. It was nothing but torture I hated it. Other than that I love the cold and a little snow : )

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Weeping Garbage Can, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I hate driving in the snow. Driving home from my last job use to take 25 minutes under normal conditions but during a snow storm it would take like 90 minutes of driving 10mph all stressed out to the max. It was nothing but torture I hated it. Other than that I love the cold and a little snow : )
Oh hell no lol! Yea I've been in that situation just taking a road trip and that happened. That was so scary, I was in a tiny hatchback Honda Civic with not great tires driving in the blizzard lol! I was so crazy in my 20's.

• Wow
Reactions: mattwitt
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
No, I fear summer. It gets very hot here and it's just thoroughly unpleasant. I'm also prone to heat hives so I am basically allergic to the season.

Reactions: Circles, Final Escape and Astral316
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
yes definitely I hibernate from December to February. I am most active in the summer. I'm a bit weird I just love the heat especially when it's over 25 degrees Celsius which is rare here. The winter just makes me so much more miserable than I already am. I do love snow but we only seem to get every 5 years or so. It's just boring and dark most of the time.
Are you in the US? don't know how you guys deal with the amount of snowfall you get here in UK/Ireland the tiniest bit of snow the whole country comes to a standstill...

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
Bleak Stoic

Bleak Stoic

Goodbye, Cruel World.
Dec 22, 2019
I love the rain and snow... but I'm just a weirdo.

Reactions: Circles and Final Escape
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Oh hell no lol! Yea I've been in that situation just taking a road trip and that happened. That was so scary, I was in a tiny hatchback Honda Civic with not great tires driving in the blizzard lol! I was so crazy in my 20's.
It use to happen to me a few times every winter at my last job. I was working 3rd shift and it would start snowing really bad starting around 3am and by 7am when I got off there would be like 6 inches of snow and not a single salt truck plowing the streets like the city was trying to save money on overtime or salt and the roads were so bad everybody was driving super slow getting stuck at every light and there was 29 of them between work and home (Yes I counted them lol) cars fishtailing and spinning out of control, assholes in 4 wheel drive suv's and trucks going 40mph honking their horns. When it comes to stress and panic levels it's probably almost like being in a military battle.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Weeping Garbage Can, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 1 other person
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
I used to live in Massachusetts. Every winter became more difficult to get thru. I started dreading winter. Now I know that is called "seasonal affective disorder".

Reactions: Circles, mattwitt and Final Escape
EmptyMan

EmptyMan

Its over
Dec 22, 2019
I love the winter and snow tbh

Reactions: Circles, mattwitt and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It use to happen to me a few times every winter at my last job. I was working 3rd shift and it would start snowing really bad starting around 3am and by 7am when I got off there would be like 6 inches of snow and not a single salt truck plowing the streets like the city was trying to save money on overtime or salt and the roads were so bad everybody was driving super slow getting stuck at every light and there was 29 of them between work and home (Yes I counted them lol) cars fishtailing and spinning out of control, assholes in 4 wheel drive suv's and trucks going 40mph honking their horns. When it comes to stress and panic levels it's probably almost like being in a military battle.
Holy shizzle! That sounds like hell!

Reactions: mattwitt