Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
I fear what is beyond death in the sense of where does our state of consciousness go when we die, do we just forget everything and never know we existed or is there something more beyond this life?

This is the one barrier of thought stopping me from going CTB as there's many possibilities of what is beyond is it good? Is it bad? Is it nothing? Will I feel eternal pain? I wish there was clear knowledge of what is beyond this perceived state of existence we find ourselves in.

• Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000, Crono, AvoidingMyself and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I'm quite confident it's the same as before you were born. This is scary, as our animal minds are not designed to comprehend infinity, but you won't give a damn once you're there.

Reactions: outrider567, pthnrdnojvsc, LeperGnome and 3 others
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Do you remember anything about before you were born?
That state of consciousness is what I think death is like after the fact.
You just stopped being conscious.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, LeperGnome and AvoidingMyself
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yeah that's what I'm scared of too. I don't wanna be born again. And if we were born once who is to say we won't be reborn again?

Reactions: LeperGnome, 0000000000000, AvoidingMyself and 1 other person
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I fear what is beyond death in the sense of where does our state of consciousness go when we die, do we just forget everything and never know we existed or is there something more beyond this life?

This is the one barrier of thought stopping me from going CTB as there's many possibilities of what is beyond is it good? Is it bad? Is it nothing? Will I feel eternal pain? I wish there was clear knowledge of what is beyond this perceived state of existence we find ourselves in.
Just like we have no recollection of our existence before we were born, I can only imagine the same nothingness after death.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, outrider567, LeperGnome and 1 other person
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Nobody has an objective answer as nobody remembers what before death was like and nobody has come back from the dead lol.

This can be appraised as either terrifying or exciting as there are potentially positives positibilities as well.

Heaven and hell undoubtedly do not exist logically.

So if anything we either enter the void; becoming nothing and not even perceiving the nothingness as there is no perceiver

OR

If we have a soul, we will be reincarnated or go someplace random with some similar or new set of physical rules, pleasures and pains, goods and bads, etc.

Whatever the case it it nothing to be afraid of as 1) there's no stopping death either way; why worry about the inevitable?
2) either potential is no worse than how we exist now. But it could potentially be better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Aim and 0000000000000
GlutenFreeCat

GlutenFreeCat

You're gonna carry that weight.
Dec 6, 2023
I hope there's nothing at all after death. Anything to the contrary sounds like hell.

This was my major concern before I first attempted but I got over that fear eventually. I figured whatever lies beyond this plane of existence has got to be better than what I'm dealing with here.

• Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Yeah that's what I'm scared of too. I don't wanna be born again. And if we were born once who is to say we won't be reborn again?
On the bright side the majority of people live happy fulfilling lives.

Only 1 in 5 people experience a mental disorder in their lifetime.

So in the unlikely chance we are reborn, it could be a bit better.

I'm optimistic personally

• Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome, 0000000000000 and DreamEnd
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
On the bright side the majority of people live happy fulfilling lives.

Only 1 in 5 people experience a mental disorder in their lifetime.

So in the unlikely chance we are reborn, it could be a bit better.

I'm optimistic personally
I just don't wanna be the unlucky one getting reborn in a North Korean labor camp

• Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome and hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
personally the biggest part of being able to ctb was accepting everything for me. accepting every sinario (that i could think of).
i don't think it'll be worse than here. there is no other place in this universe that is self destructing, if anything it is growing mostly prosperously. we are the only planet that we know of, that is growing destructively.
i don't think it can get much worse than this to be honest..

• Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome and 0000000000000
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I have the same problem. All that church when I was a kid musta brainwashed me good.

Reactions: LeperGnome
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
What's there to fear? We've been there before we were ever alive. The sweet nothingness.

Reactions: AntHills, lightnings, 0000000000000 and 2 others
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
The tunnel of light. If you go there you will most likely be reincarnated

Reactions: DoomValuer
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
What are you afraid of? The boogeyman! lol

I believe in nothingness after death.

You are given an obituary and your name is added to a family tree.

Family won't even visit your grave.

They will use our memories to make others feel sorry for them and maybe profit from a Go Fund Me

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
DoomValuer

DoomValuer

So lost...
Nov 3, 2023
The tunnel of light. If you go there you will most likely be reincarnated
I haven't thought about that idea, just taking a little vacation from life and going back if you feel like it, it's comforting to know and helps relieve my anxiety :D

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
My belief is that it's nothing. Like how things were before you were born.

Once you're brain and body dies that's it. You don't exist anymore because you don't have a body or brain to perceive stuff with anymore. I'm not afraid of non existence. It sounds peaceful.

I'm afraid of what happens before that point—of all the pain, physical and mental, that comes with dying. But it's definitely reasonable to be afraid of the unknown. Most people are.

• Hugs
Reactions: freetobe, lightnings, LeperGnome and 1 other person
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
near death experience stories to read

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
I just don't wanna be the unlucky one getting reborn in a North Korean labor camp
As I mentioned I think it's unlikely

But to entertain the possibility to ease your mind, if rebirth exists, then the notion of karma probably exists too (as you will then theoretically be born as both the prisoner and the guard at varying points).

What can you do now to instill positive karma? The gift of knowledge is no small favour (see what I did there? 😉)

The gift of easing anothers' suffering as well. Can you support others on this forum? Can you leave something behind for those who live on? A letter instructing your family to donate your assets to a good cause?

Are there ways you can have patience in dying to ensure it is well planned and left with positive karma?

There is absolutely no pressure; often the best karma comes from simply easing one's own suffering.

But to align your intentions with loving kindness is the first step. Whatever actionable steps you take after that is up to you.

May you find peace in living or dying :heart:
-Rhizo

Reactions: 0000000000000 and DreamEnd
兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
I was raised in a household that was at least nominally religious and I used to find the idea of the Christian hell extremely scary. I find the concept of the Judeo-Christian god pretty laughable now, but I admit I still have moments where all those sermons about hellfire creep into my mind and I feel afraid.

• Hugs
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
personally the biggest part of being able to ctb was accepting everything for me. accepting every sinario (that i could think of).
This. The only exception is hell, to which the philosophical problem of evil effectively rules out the possibility of.

So I've accepted every other possibility that is not the Abrahamic (Christian, Judaic, or Islamic) hell. I don't need to accept hell because it is logically impossible; at least in the way the major religions have defined it.

I'm at peace with whatever comes and I'm actually quite enjoying life right now because of this acceptance. I get to reminisce on my past, and feel all the small little things like the wind on my face and the sparkles in the snow. I would encourage others seriously considering ctb to meditate on what this acceptance looks like to them. It's a freeing place to be (I'm lucky enough to be financially stable, mind you. Milage may vary)

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000 and hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
This. The only exception is hell, to which the philosophical problem of evil effectively rules out the possibility of.

So I've accepted every other possibility that is not the Abrahamic (Christian, Judaic, or Islamic) hell. I don't need to accept hell because it is logically impossible; at least in the way the major religions have defined it.
i agree with this. hell almost literally can't exist. that's one reason, but the other reason is the description of "evil".
certain things that are considered evil by one, may not be by another. so punishing someone for being "evil", when possibly they did it because they saw it as something else, quite litterally doesn't make sense. there is not one situation where everyone on this planet will agree that it's the same thing.

I'm at peace with whatever comes and I'm actually quite enjoying life right now because of this acceptance. I get to reminisce on my past, and feel all the small little things like the wind on my face and the sparkles in the snow. I would encourage others seriously considering ctb to meditate on what this acceptance looks like to them. It's a freeing place to be (I'm lucky enough to be financially stable, mind you. Milage may vary)
this! it's so freeing to have acceptance.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just very strongly believe that once we die, we just cease existing, we lose consciousness and that is it for us, we are gone. Death is nothing more than an dreamless and eternal sleep where all is forgotten about, death brings eternal peace from the burden that is having the ability to exist, all that comforts me is the thought of being eternally unaware. I see any of those other theories as being fictional, invented by humans unable to accept that they are destined for nothing and nowhere. I only personally fear existing in this hellish reality where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

sleepy10

sleepy10

Nov 24, 2023
Im glad im not the only one who feels the same, even if i knew for a fact it was just nothingness i would have been gone months ago. Its the possibility that after we die its worse on the other side that scares me, even though i am in pain and suffering here on this Earth and it is hard to imagine things being any worse.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow and AntHills
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
I just very strongly believe that once we die, we just cease existing, we lose consciousness and that is it for us, we are gone. Death is nothing more than an dreamless and eternal sleep where all is forgotten about, death brings eternal peace from the burden that is having the ability to exist, all that comforts me is the thought of being eternally unaware. I see any of those other theories as being fictional, invented by humans unable to accept that they are destined for nothing and nowhere. I only personally fear existing in this hellish reality where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.
You're probably right, but there's no way to rule out alternative hypotheses.

I see dying as a bit of an experiment; one that can only be conducted by doing it.

I'm excited to see if I'll become the void or rebirth into a new world with new possibilities for both good and evil; pleasure and pain

I'm about 90% certain it's the void though. But the skeptic in me realistically cannot disprove alternative possibilities.

Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
The lights will go out, the end. Eternal nothingness.

Reactions: outrider567 and hi-okbye
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
A new kind of existence will emerge….

Reactions: hi-okbye
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
After death is non-existence forever.

There isn't even a constant self when alive. The brain changes a little every day . Beliefs ways of thinking even consciousness changes over the years. What I was at every age was something different , at ages 1, 5, 9 14, , 19, 23 etc. .

Reactions: thewalkingdread and hi-okbye
E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021

Good points there. Do your research and make up your own .ind
Good points there. Do your research and make up your own .ind
Mind

L

lightnings

Hell is here
May 12, 2023
I think that once you are brain dead it's basically the same as before you were born, like nothingness.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
I think that once you are brain dead it's basically the same as before you were born, like nothingness.
That is what I'm afraid of. But eventually it will happen to everyone. If it is that then better than becoming a human corpse, that is my future

Reactions: lightnings