Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Whelp, I guess I won't be attempting to CTB for a while since I haven't taken action. Thus, I'm checking to see whether the recovery board can be of assistance.

I've spent the majority of my life living with various family members because I have autism (24) and falter with being independent. I'm not strong enough to support myself, and my family is clearly tired of having to look after me. Although I would prefer not to, I might have to live alone/with a roommate/go back to college. I'm uneasy all the time. I'm extremely insecure, depressed, and experience abandonment concerns. I frequently return to the idea of suicide in my mind.

I have to improve. How do you guys think I should approach that?
Dumbledore frustrated

• Hugs
Reactions: Passersby
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
i switched colleges, i'm starting something new in the fall (hopefully it will go vet assisting -> rvt -> vtsaa OR va -> affiliate shelter attendant -> shelter cat behaviour consultant)

going back to college isn't a bad idea, you can find something, even something simple, you're passionate about and find an 8 month-2year program at a community college.
despite popular belief you don't need an undergrad degree to succeed, and you can also go back to school at any age.

when choosing my school for my new program i had a huge fear of the unknown too. it took almost a month for me to accept an offer. i thought of everything that could go wrong, hyper analyzed the curriculums etc.

my therapist and i spoke about it and she said that sometimes it's okay for things to be unknown. it's a difficult reality to face, but honestly, all you can know is what is happening right now. you can't hyper-control everything, and that's just how things are.

radical acceptance, and being in the moment are good things to remember here. if you have the ability though, fr, community college is the top tier option. sorry for the ramble…i hope u can find ur way and disconnect from ur family. i believe in you!

• Love
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
The web site https://wrongplanet.net/forums/ can be helpful for ASD. Many people share what strategies or management approaches they have discovered that have worked for them.

• Informative
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby