M

Mare Tranquillitatis

Mar 10, 2020
Exit bag with inert gas Nitrogen, argon, helium is a safe and secure method. Some people fear, that they pull down the bag in unconscious state - which could lead to brain damage. What do you mean. How to avoid. Is it necessary to immobilize the hands, for example

Last edited:
Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Exit bag with inert gas Nitrogen, argon, helium is a safe and secure method. Some people fear, that they pull down the bag in unconscious state - which could lead to brain damage. What do you mean. How to avoid. Is it necessary to immobilize the hands, for example

This existing thread may cover your question.

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
By the definition of death itself, Any suicide method has risk of brain damage. I'm not sure everyone asking a new question appreciates how fast the incapacitation is and what happens after. The biggest "Risks" of the method would be a bag leak, not using the correct gas, or the bag falling off if you are positioned incorrectly. All of these should be fairly easily able to mitigate/prevent. Once you are out, you won't be thrashing around or making motions as if you were inebriated. This is a completely different thing.

Reactions: Rabitfever, autumnal and Mare Tranquillitatis
Rabitfever

Rabitfever

Mar 18, 2020
By the definition of death itself, Any suicide method has risk of brain damage. I'm not sure everyone asking a new question appreciates how fast the incapacitation is and what happens after. The biggest "Risks" of the method would be a bag leak, not using the correct gas, or the bag falling off if you are positioned incorrectly. All of these should be fairly easily able to mitigate/prevent. Once you are out, you won't be thrashing around or making motions as if you were inebriated. This is a completely different thing.
Are you saying that this method does not induce violent thrashing that hanging causes?

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Honestly I'd use a mask rather than a bag. Also a recliner chair is a must even though I've seen a pic of someone ctb this way in the back of their car.