Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Death is inevitable. In my belief, death is the absolute end. I'll be gone forever. Death is not even something I can experience. So I have no problem with death. What all humanity is actually trying to deal with is not death itself, but an ancient lower brain chemistry. Fear is not the product of my mental work. It doesn't belong to me.

That way I can isolate it, it helps but the fear still works. It can manipulate my thoughts. Now that I have tackled the problem in this way, I think I wish I had access to this information in my youth. My whole life has been ruled by my fears and anxieties and now I have to face the boss.

What if a scenario where we completely destroyed fear were possible? We could see people living more courageously or killing themselves with joy. I think that fear itself is worse than all its objects.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, makethepainstop, LONE WOLF. and 3 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Its more difficult to think about it than to do it, that's why a lot of ctb's tend to happen in moments of impulse, I think it's not enough to think about it and plan it, you need an impulse.

• Informative
Reactions: sensation86, whitefeather, anyoneshorizon and 4 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
If we didn't fear death, or rather fear suffering in the case of ctb, any method would become peaceful. Jumping off the Empire State building could be just as desirable as taking N. We also wouldn't have anxieties about leaving loved ones behind, either. I acknowledge how fear can be important, though it's often inconvenient and even pointless.

Reactions: makethepainstop, Sunset Limited and achromatic
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
What if a scenario where we completely destroyed fear were possible? We could see people living more courageously or killing themselves with joy. I think that fear itself is worse than all its objects.
I guess some drugs and substances are effective at reducing fear and anxiety.

Not to mention some of them are even able to make us less inhibited ("less breaks").

So drugs and getting high can be useful in the context of CTB.

Especially combined with impulsivity as @Zegers mentioned.

Using benzodiazepines for SI has been discussed on SS a lot.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Zegers and Sunset Limited
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me death could never be a negative thing in any way, it would be impossible for it to be and it's what I wish for and is freedom from this life that we never asked to endure. Death should never be feared, but of course many humans do as at all times we have this instinct to survive and as humans we cannot comprehend what it's like to be dead anyway, maybe people fear it as this existence is all that we know. In my case I only fear this life instead.
But the title is correct, and I do believe that if we were able to be without fear ctb could be easier but could also lead to people potentially attempting risky methods and ending up with damage from the attempt.

Reactions: whitefeather, Sunset Limited and Dying Failure
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I guess some drugs and substances are effective at reducing fear and anxiety.

Not to mention some of them are even able to make us less inhibited ("less breaks").

So drugs and getting high can be useful in the context of CTB.

Especially combined with impulsivity as @Zegers mentioned.

Using benzodiazepines for SI has been discussed on SS a lot.
I use a central alpha 2 agonist for anxiety. It works fine but not as much as SI.

• Yay!
Reactions: whitefeather
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
Hominids know zero about how reality works (including Birth & Death)

Reactions: rationaltake and Sunset Limited
M

Meaninglessness

Existence is absolutely meaningless
Nov 12, 2022
In the modern society and in rich countries, human life is valued very much (too much). But when people were poor, death could be a benefit - there would be one less mouth to feed. Most societies attach a very high price tag to life and shun death - no wonder everyone is afraid to die. Everybody is afraid of dying, but while some people succeed in coming to terms with death, others fail. If you don´t know that death exists, there would be no fear of death. If you don´t think about death during the death process, dying should be easier. There can be more fear and suffering if one continues living.