J

Jadzia

Name is from Star Trek. I'm not from E. Europe
May 8, 2019
What are your favourite sci-fi/fantasy books, films, TV shows?

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I will go the classics... for fantasy, nothing beats Tolkien both Silmarillion and LoTR. For sci-fi I would go for Clarke probably (Rama). Hard for movies, love time travel ones but if I had to pick one I would go 2001 space odissey.

Reactions: rationaltake and Jadzia
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Always star trek episodes, can't get enough of it. So easy to watch and follow and so uplifting

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, leeloosnow, Jadzia and 1 other person
J

Jadzia

May 8, 2019
Always star trek episodes, can't get enough of it. So easy to watch and follow and so uplifting
Me too. DS9 is my favourite

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake and jodes2
J

Jadzia

May 8, 2019
Yeah DS9 is really good! I love quark, he's probably my favourite character on that series
I love him too but Jadzia Dax is my favourite. My SS name might have given that away.

• Yay!
Reactions: jodes2
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Me too. DS9 is my favourite
Well that was basically a copycat of Babylon 5 (they were also the first to use CG for these kind of shows as opposed to models).

• Love
Reactions: Jadzia and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I love him too but Jadzia Dax is my favourite. My SS name might have given that away.
I always thought of DS9 when I saw your name :p I was convinced your name was actually Jadzia! It was so tragic when she died, poor Worf

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake and Jadzia
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
I've never been a big fantasy fan; Sci-Fi, on the other hand I tend to adore. Some of my favorites are

Anime/Manga: Cowboy Bebop; I also adore the Mecha genre, a lot of which fall under Sci-Fi.

Comics: Saga; A friend of mine begged me to give this a chance. Highly recommend it.

Film: Star Wars. Was a big fan of it growing up and despite Disney's up and down handling of the franchise I can't deny that I still love it's universe.

Book: I have to admit I don't read "real" books as often as I really should these days, so I'm struggling to pick a favorite book. That said, I recently read a book called "The Kaiju Preservation Society," that I think I'd recommend, especially if you like stuff like Godzilla and Jurassic Park.

TV: Star Trek, my favorite is Next Generation but I'll watch them all, even Enterprise, from time to time.

Cartoon: Æon Flux. I actually cannot remember how I originally watched it but it was pretty great. I'm terrified that they may try and give it the live action treatment again.

Video Game: Made this last because in all honesty Mass Effect is my favorite Sci-Fi franchise. I think that had they had more concrete plans for the original trilogy it would have been the Star Wars equivalent for gamers. Regardless, I love the characters and (most) of the lore. Andromeda was a disaster but had some good in it and I'm really hoping BioWare nails the next game and gets the franchise back on track.

Reactions: Jadzia
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Fantasy book: The Black Company; going to start Elric of Melnibone once I finish with an exciting book on 6th-10c Anglo-Saxon clothes. Scifi Book: Hammer's Slammers. Movie/TV-wise I go for the original Star Trek (esp when Scotty is left in charge and someone is talking smack), Alien(s), original Planet of the Apes, anything Kaiju.

• Love
Reactions: narval, Jadzia and MellowAvenue
J

Jadzia

May 8, 2019
Well that was basically a copycat of Babylon 5 (they were also the first to use CG for these kind of shows as opposed to models).
I couldn't get into B5. I managed 2 seasons.

leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
was watching darmok last nite- so good. temba his arms wide

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: jodes2 and Jadzia
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I love that one. Again, sad that captain dies! I'm watching voyager at the moment, I cycle through them endlessly and it annoys my gf lol
was watching darmok last nite- so good. temba his arms wide

Reactions: Jadzia
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Books? Anything by Blake Crouch honestly...He's like a living legend!!! Like...Dark Matter, Recursion, The Wayward Pines series etc....All of his stuff was pretty interesting. You can also checkout the Hyperon Saga by Dan Simmons. I liked it alot when i was younger....who couldn't love the Shrike? (the lord of pain!!!, so badass!!!) thats all i got off the top of my dome honestly...maybe checkout Artemis by Andy Weir...the story is meh but the setting is super cool and you'll appreciate the map of the lunar colony...i can probably just post you a pic..sec...
I've never been a big fantasy fan; Sci-Fi, on the other hand I tend to adore. Some of my favorites are

Anime/Manga: Cowboy Bebop; I also adore the Mecha genre, a lot of which fall under Sci-Fi.

Comics: Saga; A friend of mine begged me to give this a chance. Highly recommend it.

Film: Star Wars. Was a big fan of it growing up and despite Disney's up and down handling of the franchise I can't deny that I still love it's universe.

Book: I have to admit I don't read "real" books as often as I really should these days, so I'm struggling to pick a favorite book. That said, I recently read a book called "The Kaiju Preservation Society," that I think I'd recommend, especially if you like stuff like Godzilla and Jurassic Park.

TV: Star Trek, my favorite is Next Generation but I'll watch them all, even Enterprise, from time to time.

Cartoon: Æon Flux. I actually cannot remember how I originally watched it but it was pretty great. I'm terrified that they may try and give it the live action treatment again.

Video Game: Made this last because in all honesty Mass Effect is my favorite Sci-Fi franchise. I think that had they had more concrete plans for the original trilogy it would have been the Star Wars equivalent for gamers. Regardless, I love the characters and (most) of the lore. Andromeda was a disaster but had some good in it and I'm really hoping BioWare nails the next game and gets the franchise back on track.
I used to watch Aeon Flux or catch snippets of it growing up as a kid. It used to come on mtv super-late at night and shit like that...so much death and dying in that shit i swear. She'd die in like every episode yet somehow comeback???? I'm gonna have to look up the plot...i imagine they were fighting some sort of corruption or something...either in government or some shit like that...i know they did a movie with whats her face. (Charlize Theron)

Attachments

• 3DZtC7uKnX27nNSS8aeZE4.jpg
    3DZtC7uKnX27nNSS8aeZE4.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: MellowAvenue and Jadzia
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
i know they did a movie with whats her face. (Charlize Theron
Yup, and it was terrible. Didn't have any of the grit of the original series, and Æon just wasn't Æon and I mean I that quite literally. Apparently it was a victim of studio meddling as the execs felt that the original cut of the film felt too much like an Art Film. Supposedly they are going to do a live action series for… I think Paramount+, but I kinda hope it never surfaces.

I'll admit the show itself is pretty ridiculous. Definitely an acquired taste, but it suited mine at least.