Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
If there's one thing that makes me sad about my coming death, it's that my taste in music won't matter anymore.
Barely anyone will know and love my favourite band.
So, I've created this thread to memorialise people's taste in music and get people into great songs that they wouldn't otherwise have heard of.

My favourite band is Nothing But Thieves. It's an amazing band. I was going to see them live but it's too long to wait.
My favourite songs by them are: Trip Switch, Itch, Drawing Pins, Sorry, Six Billion and Neon Brother. But all of their songs are amazing, in my opinion.
If you look them up, see their cover of Where is my Mind by Pixies, and
Wings, by Birdy.

Muse is my next favourite band.

Other notable bands:
Snow Patrol (don't want a funeral, but I imagine their song Run being played there if there is)
Foo Fighters (Best of You)
Imagine Dragons
Nirvana (Heart-Shaped Box, Smells Like Teen Spirit)
Royal Blood

And songs:
My Name Is Human - Highly Suspect
We Are Young - Fun
Mountain At My Gates - Foals
Love The Way You Lie - Eminem
Like A Stone - Audioslave
Somebody Else - The 1975
Many Of Horror - Biffy Clyro
Ship To Wreck - Florence + The Machine
Honest - Kodaline
Bedshaped , This is the Last Time - Keane
Follow You - Bring Me The Horizon
Tompkins Square Park, Believe - Mumford & Sons

Please share your favourite music below!

Reactions: lv-gras, Hunter, Revan and 3 others
Edward

Edward

Belial
Jul 12, 2018
Holy shit I love royal blood, I've only ever met one other person who'd actually heard of them. Other than that, pat the bunny, the mountain goats, days and daze, AJJ, Courtney Barnett, the doom 2016 soundtrack, against me, and Mischief Brew are all amazing,

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Anarchy
I've waited so long

I've waited so long

Student
Jul 11, 2018
i'm falling in love with
Crystal Castles

Reactions: lv-gras, VanHeineken, OfficerK and 1 other person
M0D

M0D

Jun 24, 2018
GENERAL LEVY - "PROFESSIONAL GANJA SMOKER"
GENERAL LEVY - "PULL UP"
GENERAL LEVY - "INCREDIBLE"
Weed

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Megadeth

Reactions: Final Escape, Revan, Soon4me and 3 others
S

soundwave

Jun 26, 2018
Favorite band - Opeth
Favorite song - Bleak

Reactions: leavinghope, Tomasnil, Soon4me and 2 others
Emilia

Emilia

Jun 19, 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: becca and OfficerK
K

K -

Unexpectedly alive
Jul 17, 2018
La Dispute are my favourite band. Other favourites include Sorority Noise, Crywank, Bring Me The Horizon, Get Scared, and a few others I guess.

Reactions: HeartbreakInStereo and Final Escape
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Mostly Punk in second place it's Heavy Metal (Slayer,Annihilator,System of a down,Napalm death,Cannibal Corpse) and lots more.
Megadeth their first 4 albums,Metallica their first 4 albums.Slayer their first 4 albums.What is it with bands after their 4th album ? is it just me,i dont know ?
Slayer "reign in blood" - probably my favourite metal album,Megadeth - hangar 18 (song) (because it's based on a true story) also Return To Hangar (it's true also)
After that the cure,the doors stuff like that.Anything but pop music,pop music makes me want to KILL people,including myself (Hmm might be onto something there) But i don't mind what others listen to.What you like to listen to.Then listen to.

This is the Dead Kennedys - Forward to Death
And i am looking forward to death also

Reactions: Final Escape, Tiburcio, leavinghope and 3 others
BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
The clash/Joe strummer and punk music in general. Lots of reggae, u-roy and i-roy also do enjoy Nordic folk (kinda Viking esque music)

Reactions: Soon4me and not-2-b-the-answer
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
oh boy

Top 5
Aphex Twin
Tori Amos
Trent Reznor
Nujabes
Guns N Roses

Almost Top 5
Pearl Jam
R.E.M
Juno Reactor
Rage Against The Machine
Rammstein

Anymore than that and it just gets too long.

however, 10 popular artists just taken from my library.

Moloko
Florence and the Machine
Old Metallica
Porcupine Tree
Dream Theatre
Coil
Lunatic Calm
Propeller Heads
Sneaker Pimps
Massive Attack

Reactions: Lizzie S., Final Escape and + + + +
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Holy shit I love royal blood, I've only ever met one other person who'd actually heard of them. Other than that, pat the bunny, the mountain goats, days and daze, AJJ, Courtney Barnett, the doom 2016 soundtrack, against me, and Mischief Brew are all amazing,

They play Royal Blood on the rock music channel on cable all the time. ;)

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Favorite band would be Five Finger Death Punch. Right now I listen to them the most but I love rock , hard rock & metal. :)

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Anything David Bowie. I saw him in concert in the 2000s during the Reality Tour. When he died from cancer in 2016 I was devastated.

Reactions: LivedTooLong
Revan

Revan

Darth
Jul 8, 2018
Let It Die - Starset

It's about accepting the loss of a relationship. (Though the meaning is actually a bit more profound than just that).

Reactions: RM5998 and Anarchy
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I like chill trance type music but really I like a lot of different types it just depends on the mood.

Reactions: Lizzie S.
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I always liked nine inch nails, rock, alternative rock, 70's rock, 80's pop, it really doesn't matter. I love intensity, good beats, great instrumental, songs that give u goose bumps lol!

Reactions: Tiburcio and ScaredOfLife
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I always liked nine inch nails, rock, alternative rock, 70's rock, 80's pop, it really doesn't matter. I love intensity, good beats, great instrumental, songs that give u goose bumps lol!

Oh I love 80s music.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
The 80's were the shit as far as some of those really deeply touching songs of substance. Songs were still creative and different then. These days lots of forgettable generic stuff hurts my ears lol!

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
The 80's were the shit as far as some of those really deeply touching songs of substance. Songs were still creative and different then. These days lots of forgettable generic stuff hurts my ears lol!

It's funny because people older than me say music stopped being good in the 60s. Now I'm the older generation who thinks music stopped being good in the 80s. (Although there is a little bit of good modern music out there, just not as much as the 80s, in my opinion.) I used to roll my eyes at the older folk in the 80s. Now I'm the older folk in the 2010s. LOL

Reactions: Tiburcio and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's funny because people older than me say music stopped being good in the 60s. Now I'm the older generation who thinks music stopped being good in the 80s. (Although there is a little bit of good modern music out there, just not as much as the 80s, in my opinion.) I used to roll my eyes at the older folk in the 80s. Now I'm the older folk in the 2010s. LOL
Right lol! We're the old folk now dang it! :pfff:

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I remember when I was pretty young and still a kid that I never wanted to become an adult. I also never wanted to get old. I didn't see any real benefits to adulthood lol! This was a problem though. I ended up an adult infant in many ways because I resisted responsibility and didn't like many aspects of adulthood lol! I do think public school actually stunted my development along with the neglected parenting and abuse. So normally I would probably not have ended up like this if I had two parents and not forced to endure public school indoctrination.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

Now I'm hoping they weren't serious about that song or artist. I don't want to shit on someone's musical preference that is different from mine.
I know many people don't like Five Finger Death Punch or other hard rock/metal bands … some would consider it "Noise".

Reactions: Final Escape