CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I'm curious as to what people on here like. I've seen threads like this before and was surprised to see the variety of people's choices. For me I would say shoegaze, progressive metal, thrash metal, progressive rock and some alt rock.

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Metal; death, thrash, deathcore, some grindcore, nwobhm, some black metal, doom, prog... you name it.
Dark Trap such as Suicide Boys, Bones, City Morgue
Oh and I listen to plenty of kpop and jpop too!

• Love
Reactions: .twilight.girl., LoveForMetal, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
I really love shoegaze (esp my bloody valentine) but also nu metal, death metal, industrial (nine inch nails, kmfdm etc), prog rock and prog metal, stoner metal, post punk/goth, noise rock, grunge, electropunk, groove metal and ofc random game osts!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Rocinante and not-2-b-the-answer
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Metal; death, thrash, deathcore, some grindcore, nwobhm, some black metal, doom, prog... you name it.
The contrast between death metal and K-pop must be pretty jarring to whoever listens to what you play lol.
I really love shoegaze (esp my bloody valentine) but also nu metal, death metal, industrial (nine inch nails, kmfdm etc), prog rock and prog metal, stoner metal, post punk/goth, noise rock, grunge, electropunk, groove metal and ofc random game osts!!
I've been obsessed with Loveless for the past couple days lol. As for noise rock, have you ever heard Itekoma Hits? It's a pretty great noise rock-like punk album in my opinion. If you like groove metal then I'm assuming you already like Pantera haha. The Persona series has always had my favorite game OSTs, Persona 4 in particular. I would totally recommend it!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Metal/Hard Rock but love other genres also.

Reactions: Rocinante
garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
i'd say pop rock (only some bands) and grunge

• Love
Reactions: ApparentlyNot and not-2-b-the-answer
garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
Would pop rock also happen to include Weezer?

What metal bands do you like?
yea... well, kind of
the songs those dudes have done are the most addicting shit ever, but after one week of listening to them (real story), only seeing them already repels you.
i swear whenever i listen to the first seconds of buddy holly i just want to quit whatever video it's playing in
but say it ain't so, that one mantains itself pretty good nowadays...

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
I love Catfish and the Bottlemen and Greta Van Fleet

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
yea... well, kind of
the songs those dudes have done are the most addicting shit ever, but after one week of listening to them (real story), only seeing them already repels you.
i swear whenever i listen to the first seconds of buddy holly i just want to quit whatever video it's playing in
but say it ain't so, that one mantains itself pretty good nowadays...
Yeah, buddy holly is grating for me too. I would definitely recommend other Weezer albums like EWBAITE, the white album or Maladroit. All are pretty underrated albums and are also good imo. Say it ain't so is fantastic but the real standout track on the blue album for me is the world has turned and left me here, absolutely fantastic song.
I love Catfish and the Bottlemen and Greta Van Fleet
The only one I've heard of is Greta Van Fleet and I've never heard any of their stuff lol.

garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
Yeah, buddy holly is grating for me too. I would definitely recommend other Weezer albums like EWBAITE, the white album or Maladroit. All are pretty underrated albums and are also good imo. Say it ain't so is fantastic but the real standout track on the blue album for me is the world has turned and left me here, absolutely fantastic song.

The only one I've heard of is Greta Van Fleet and I've never heard any of their stuff lol.
i haven't listened to any other album completely besides the blue one, tho i heard that the rest of their albums, but pinkerton, kind of suck. i'll give a listen go any of the ones u mentioned

i honestly don't remember how that song went lol, but i am sure i have heard it sometime ago, like a year ago when i was in my week weezer phase...

...btw, have u heard "my name is jonas"? that song is so freaking annoying!!!

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
btw, have u heard "my name is jonas"? that song is so freaking annoying!!!
Whaaaaaat? No way! You hate my name is Jonas? I love the acoustic guitar passages on that song! It's one my favorites from the album!

• Wow
Reactions: garbagepunk
garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
Whaaaaaat? No way! You hate my name is Jonas? I love the acoustic guitar passages on that song! It's one my favorites from the album!
dam u like that song?? i find it soooo irritating lmao i swear when rivers says "my name is jonas" i just want to run away lool

BESIDES it appearing on guitar hero 3 and being pretty difficult makes the experience even worse!! everytime i listen to it i remember the night me and my cousin tried like 3 times to pass that damn song lmaoo

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
dam u like that song?? i find it soooo irritating lmao i swear when rivers says "my name is jonas" i just want to run away lool

BESIDES it appearing on guitar hero 3 and being pretty difficult makes the experience even worse!! everytime i listen to it i remember the night me and my cousin tried like 3 times to pass that damn song lmaoo
I've never played guitar hero so I'll take you at your word for that lol. Really the only songs I've soured on from the blue album are buddy holly and undone, mostly because I've heard them so many times lol.

garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
I've never played guitar hero so I'll take you at your word for that lol. Really the only songs I've soured on from the blue album are buddy holly and undone, mostly because I've heard them so many times lol.
i feel the same lol, i got burned out of all songs...
...but my name is jonas, i've never liked that guy (worst joke i could pull out lol)

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
i feel the same lol, i got burned out of all songs...
...but my name is jonas, i've never liked that guy (worst joke i could pull out lol)
Don't worry, my jokes are flatter than the green album.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I like kpop, EDM, and classical music
What kpop groups do you like?

Last edited:
pfuxx1

pfuxx1

Sep 19, 2023
drum and bass, breakcore, darkplugg

Reactions: Nextodead and DeadlineDialer
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
shoegaze, dnb, jrock, metal, gothic rock, eurobeat, and kpop but it's only BoA and a couple songs from gen 2/3 boy groups.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
drum and bass, breakcore, darkplugg
I've never quite understood breakcore or drum and bass.
shoegaze, dnb, jrock, metal, gothic rock, eurobeat, and kpop but it's only BoA and a couple songs from gen 2/3 boy groups.
A nice variety of genres. I'm always baffled about how someone could like both metal and K-pop lol. Seems like such a stark difference.

pfuxx1

pfuxx1

Sep 19, 2023
I've never quite understood breakcore or drum and bass.

A nice variety of genres. I'm always baffled about how someone could like both metal and K-pop lol. Seems like such a stark difference.
its something you have to learn to like lol. esp breakcore. some of the stuff is just sounds insane to the average listener but when you have producer ears you hear stuff differently.

Reactions: Nextodead and DeadlineDialer
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Oh nice! Gen 2 was before my time but honestly BoA is a legend. I'm mainly into gen 4 boy groups (like SKZ and Enhypen). Btw, what's eurobeat?

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Oh nice! Gen 2 was before my time but honestly BoA is a legend. I'm mainly into gen 4 boy groups (like SKZ and Enhypen). Btw, what's eurobeat?
Best way I can describe it is that it's 80s-dance, fast paced, synthesizery, and has cheesy lyrics about love, dancing, or speed.

Reactions: sserafim
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Thanks for all the cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I'm bad at knowing sub-genres of music, but grunge and 90s rock in general has always been my favorite. I also love shoegaze. Anything in between and including Metal (lighter stuff, no black metal for me) and alt pop is probably within my wheelhouse.

DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
I rock with pretty much anything. A lot of what's on my playlists is primarily hip hop, alt rap, IDM, prog rock, slurpcore, r&b, d&b, synthwave, & soundtracks. I always appreciate a deep cut from a beloved artist, finding something like that and spreading it is the best shit ever.

Serial Experi Pain

Serial Experi Pain

I hate me more :P
Sep 12, 2023
I avoid country unless it's somewhat like bluegrass/folksy...
Other than that I love pretty much everything including stuff from around the world.

totalselfhatred

totalselfhatred

Aug 27, 2023
  • Metal (Black, Doom, Gothic)
  • Post-Punk
  • Gothic Rock and Darkwave
  • Folk
  • Industrial / Experimental Music
  • Baroque and Classical

• Love
Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
  • Metal (Black, Doom, Gothic)
  • Post-Punk
  • Gothic Rock and Darkwave
  • Folk
  • Industrial / Experimental Music
  • Baroque and Classical
thanks you pretty much summed it up for me ! *bth totalselfhatred was/is a helluva band back then mid 2000s

• Love
Reactions: totalselfhatred