• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Fiction or nonfiction both OK

Reactions: Circles, sólstafir and Rukia
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
Anything by Brandon Sanderson. My favorites of his are Stormlight Archive and Mistborn. Cradle series by Will Wight.

Currently on book 2 of Wheel of time and liking it so far.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, blanketyblk and cornflowerblue
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Arc d' X by Steve Erickson omg.
Or Breakfast of Champions. *

Reactions: Circles and sólstafir
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Tender is the Night, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Middlesex, Lolita, Midnight's Children, The Hangman, Justine, Venus in Furs.... I could go on.

Reactions: LivedTooLong, Taki and Circles
StupidLizard

StupidLizard

snake charmer
Feb 21, 2019
I always enjoyed reading. I read every opportunity I can.
But one series that stuck with me from childhood is Warriors authored by Erin Hunter.

Reactions: Circles
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
Does interactive fiction books count? Because if yes, then my favorite is "A courtesan of Rome" from the Choices app, and if not... Oh well... The last time I read an actual book... Um... *Insert "it's been 84 years" meme here* I have no idea.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Does interactive fiction books count? Because if yes, then my favorite is "A courtesan of Rome" from the Choices app, and if not... Oh well... The last time I read an actual book... Um... *Insert "it's been 84 years" meme here* I have no idea.
Sure, why not? My post wasn't for gatekeeping. It was to discuss interesting things and get reading ideas.

LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing

I'm a saint, got a date with suicide
May 23, 2019
Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre because I love me some existentialism!

• Love
Reactions: LivedTooLong, Darkmornings, Circles and 3 others
S

sólstafir

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
i find good childrens books fascinating because they usually involve amazing illustration + when i find some clever, short, sharp, unexpected dialogs in them they make me laugh ; ) but somethings wrong though...with my mind. i can't read anymore + i'm afraid of that judgemental librarian

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, WaterUnder and 1 other person
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
48 laws of power because the history part intrigued me.Robert Greene.
God Delusion Richard Dawkins.Broke the proverbial chain of religion for me.My independence quasi-flag.
Fahrenheit 451.
Einstein.
The Prince.

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
The color purple or Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I used to love reading. I especially enjoyed The Hobbit and Artemis Fowl as a kid. I haven't read much since but I liked The Metamorphosis and Anna Karenina back in high school. There was also that one Ray Bradbury story about everyone dying in space, really spoke to me in junior high for whatever reason. Kaleidoscope, I think?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, puppy9 and Circles
P

PBis

May 24, 2019
"Écrits" by Jacques Rigaut, "War Letters" by Jacques Vaché... "Songs they never play on the radio" by James Young... "European Decolonisation 1918-1981: an Introductory Survey" by R.F. Holland is the finest introductory survey into anything i have ever read.

Q

quiet35

Apr 22, 2019
This is my incomplete list:
  • The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It was my favourite book series for a long time. I won't reread it though because of it's generally dark energy.
  • Smoke Bellew series by Jack London.
  • A Duet, with an Occasional Chorus by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as well as almost all his other books. In our country he is only known by his stories about Sherlock Holmes, but he wrote so many other great books.
  • Many many stories by Isaac Asimov.
  • A Young Doctor's Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov.
  • Ferret Chronicles by Richard Bach - a series of short insightful fiction stories about ferrets. Those are actually fairytales for adults - lightful, easy to read. If you feel tired, you can recharge yourself by reading the books.
  • Conversation with God by Neale Donald Walsch;

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Agatha Christie Poirot books. - Use to read them to my mum when her eye sight was going.
Annie on My Mind my mind By Nancy Garden - Remember reading this when i was like 16 in public library
The Republic by Plato Plato - Assignment from school. will pick it up and read it once a year. always opens my mind
Neuromancer By William Gibson
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
The Man from Earth by by Richard Schenkman - read the books. watched the movie soo many times. just love the dialog.

Last edited:
Reactions: andy69, Rex2019 and Circles
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Hard to say... I've been reading more comics than books these days, but here goes:
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud
  • American Gods and The Sandman by Neil Gaiman
  • How To Train Your Dragon series by Cressida Cowell
  • A collection of Asimov's sci-fi I had borrowed one time from the American Library at Kolkata
  • Non-coursework stories in the book prescribed for IGCSE papers
  • White Fang by Jack London
  • Ane Naru Mono by Pochi Iida (I'm serious, this is one of the best pieces of Lovecraftian fiction ever. It actually takes the ideas in new directions.)
  • The SCP Foundation page. My current favorite is SCP-2085.
There's a lot of stuff on my to-read list. Maus, Slaughterhouse 5, 100 Years of Solitude, Candide, the rest of Alita and so on.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Rex2019 and Scribble Fan
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Animal Farm by George Orwell
The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks
Better Never to Have Been by David Benatar
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Reactions: LivedTooLong and AutumnEmbers

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Etymology dictionary. I had hard time understanding language before I stumbled upon this one. Best finding of my life. And because I have only superficial knowledge in three languages, it allows me to learn all of them simultaneously. It doesn't even matter for me if the origins are correct, as long as they promote comprehension and make at least some sense.

Aside from that I'd like to mention The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombi because its the only book series I've managed to read w/o growing weary of it.

I'm going through Romeo and Juliette as of late. Although the story itself doesn't push any of my buttons, I like how it's brimming with colorful metaphors and wordplay. I'm looking towards The Divine Comedy and Faust because I checked and they sound very poetic too. In case I won't CTB earlier, that is.

ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
I have a lot of books I love, but if I'm to list some of my favorites:
  • Anna Karenina
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • The Boleyn Inheritance
  • Flowers for Algernon
  • Truancy
  • My Sister's Keeper

Last edited:
Reactions: Morphinekiss and Kikoo Loool
HitchHiker

HitchHiker

Student
Jun 23, 2019
The House of Stairs by William Sleator

Last edited:
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
The Sea of fertility - Mishima, especially The decay of the Angel
Mathias et le diable - Messadié
Dune - Herbert especially The God Emperor
Desolation Angels - Kerouac

Reactions: Morphinekiss
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Here are some of my favorite novels:

Villette -- Charlotte Brontë
The Colony of Unrequited Dreams -- Wayne Johnston
Harriet Hume -- Rebecca West
The Three Marias -- Rachel de Queiroz
Jude the Obscure -- Thomas Hardy

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Hard to say but I just read "The grass arena" by John Healy.
Fantastic read

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
Novels and short stories by Philip K. Dick. I've collected almost all of his books published in my country and few of the foreign publications.

Reactions: Baskol1