LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
Seems like a nice post to do, feel free to add whatever you want you feel is related.
Currently reading:
C.Jung "Symbols of transformation" Jung is very based and redpilled
Paulo Coelho "The Alchemist" very cringe, thinks he's based, I can write better stuff
Favorites:
M. Bulgavok "The Master and Margherita"
Herman Hesse "Siddharta"

• Love
Reactions: come to dust, stygal and UseItOrLoseIt
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Sadghuru - The Wisdom of a Yogi
Herman Hesse - Siddharta
Rhonda Byrne - The Secret

• Love
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and stygal
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I don't read anymore, but I was an avid reader, I even studied comparative literature for 2 years. My favorites are:
Dostoevsky- Brothers Karamazov
Faulkner - Light in August
Malcolm Lowry - Under the Volcano
Anything from Borges

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: deflationary and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Im thinking of ending things, less than zero, I have no mouth but I must scream, a girl is a half-formed thing, hologrammatica, the hunger artist, perfume, bodily harm, dune, my mothers ashes, the road, Kafka on the shore, the first fifteen lives of harry august, woyzeck, lenz (last two probably not available in English), the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, train spotting, watership down, the stranger, misery, animal farm, the girl with the dragon tattoo

Reactions: come to dust, UseItOrLoseIt and deflationary
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I enjoyed reading the conspiracy against the human race

Reactions: mustard_glass, come to dust, L-L and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I haven't read much in a long time, but I hope to get back into it more in the future. My favourite books include Frankenstein (which I used to study). I also like The Daughter Of Smoke and Bone series.

Dymming Star6

Dymming Star6

Jul 19, 2021
As others here have said, I haven't been reading much in the past few years, however, my (2) absolute favorite books are: "Carrie" by Stephen King and "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson. Both are awesome reads to me!

deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I don't read anymore, but I was an avid reader, I even studied comparative literature for 2 years. My favorites are:
Dostoevsky- Brothers Karamazov
Faulkner - Light in August
Malcolm Lowry - Under the Volcano
Anything from Borges
I love Borges! A couple of his stories are like comfort food for me, I reread them again and again and they never stop having an impact.

I'm also a big fan of Thomas Ligotti, Terry Pratchett, Thomas Bernhard. Dostoyevsky is great but his religiosity bothers me sometimes. Robert Aickman and Laird Barron have some great horror/weird fiction short stories. Lovecraft has some okay stuff too. Mark Twain's Letters from the Earth and Mysterious Stranger. Douglas Adams's Hitchhikers's Guide series. I enjoyed Yuval Noah Harari's books for pop sci sort of stuff. Also Sam Harris's Free Will, Robert Sapolsky's Behave, Robert Wright's The Moral Animal.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Gone Girl
House of Sand and Fog
Mosquito Coast
Virgin Suicides

Idk...I don't read anymore unfortunately.

M

MBY85

Oct 21, 2020
My favs are I was here by gayle forman. With this book I find out that webs like SS exist and Verity by Collen Hoover.

shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
My favorite book is probably Momo by Michael Ende, I liked it as a kid and rereading it as an adult made me appreciate it even more.

I'm reading Hagakure right now, to hopefully absorb a bit of the samurai spirit. It's a bit dry so far though.

Saw the trailer for the Dune remake, gave me an itch to read the books or some other golden age sci fi books.

Reactions: L-L
L

L-L

-
Nov 14, 2019
I enjoyed reading the conspiracy against the human race
I haven't heard of this one but like the sound of it. Would you like to provide a synopsis?

Saw the trailer for the Dune remake, gave me an itch to read the books or some other golden age sci fi books.
Exactly the same! I remember playing the PS1 game when I was a kid and the trailer looks incredible. I think this series will be my next read.

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I haven't heard of this one but like the sound of it. Would you like to provide a synopsis?
It's like a soft introduction to philosophical pessimism. The author briefly explains the works of many pessimists and introduces his vision that the life is malignantly useless. There are nice discussions in the book, like on about why we are attracted to the supernatural. In his views, there's nothing worse than this world being just what it is and, deep down, we all want to believe in the supernatural.

Reactions: mustard_glass, come to dust, deflationary and 1 other person
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I love everything by Mary Roach.

L

L-L

-
Nov 14, 2019
It's like a soft introduction to philosophical pessimism. The author briefly explains the works of many pessimists and introduces his vision that the life is malignantly useless. There are nice discussions in the book, like on about why we are attracted to the supernatural. In his views, there's nothing worse than this world being just what it is and, deep down, we all want to believe in the supernatural.
You should read The End of Mr Y, my friend.