sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
These are my favored careers based on Big 5.

philosopher, freelance writer, novelist, author, astronomer, book editor, freelance artist, scholar, bookstore owner, bookseller, screenwriter, philosophy professor, poet, cinematographer, artist, playwright, librarian, comic book artist, art historian, publisher, archeologist, scientist, composer, video game designer, egyptologist, museum curator, researcher, paleontologist, anthropologist, musician, genetics researcher, historian, theologian, research psychologist, art director, research scientist, songwriter, history professor, linguist, computer animator, professor of english, illustrator, painter, assassin, cartoonist, library assistant, travel writer, curator, film critic, environmental scientist, filmmaker, journalist, english professor, aerospace engineer, political scientist, computer scientist, art curator, audio engineer, archivist, art education, college professor, academic, technical writer, webmaster, animator, psychoanalyst, music journalist, geneticist, astronaut, research assistant, software developer, website designer, movie director, web developer, film editor, copywriter, digital artist, editor music therapist, geologist, web designer, biologist, biochemist, mercenary

Here are the ones based on MBTI.

philosopher, game designer, scientist, software engineer, freelance artist, research scientist, assassin, freelance writer, physicist, software developer, mathematician, geologist, computer scientist, philosophy professor, webmaster, slacker, medical researcher, painter, mortician, systems analyst, comic book artist, computer technician, website designer, scholar, archeologist, computer repair, forensic anthropologist, astronaut, researcher, historian, systems engineer, genetics researcher, astronomer, environmental scientist, egyptologist

Which one should I choose? Which one sounds the best to you?

Last edited:
Reactions: sovcat, Rocinante, trashprincess and 1 other person
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
mercenary
Let's go you can finally be part of the Diamond Dogs that's what I always wanted to do.

Also, what is the Big 5?

• Yay!
Reactions: Homo erectus, 4am, pebpebpebpeb and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus and dragonofenvy
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I got a lot of military-related ones. A shame because I didn't qualify to join according to the US Marines, Natl. Guard, and Air Force... it was probably for the best. For some reason, I also got a lot of stuff in education, medicine, and childcare which I wouldn't like. The STEM stuff was more my speed. The test also said that I would benefit from working on my mental health lmao. The all-in-one test is kinda cool even if I don't take a ton of stock on tests.

• Informative
Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
CatCareer.gif

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: trashprincess, Homo erectus, Forever Sleep and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I got a lot of military-related ones. A shame because I didn't qualify to join according to the US Marines, Natl. Guard, and Air Force... it was probably for the best. For some reason, I also got a lot of stuff in education, medicine, and childcare which I wouldn't like. The STEM stuff was more my speed. The test also said that I would benefit from working on my mental health lmao. The all-in-one test is kinda cool even if I don't take a ton of stock on tests.
How do you know what interests you? I'm only sure about what doesn't. Out of curiosity, what did you get? Do you think it's an accurate description of your personality?

Reactions: Rocinante and Homo erectus
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
How do you know what interests you? I only know what I don't like lol. Out of curiosity, what did you get? Do you think it's an accurate description of your personality?
I don't know what interests me. What interests me are things that I've tried and if I like them great, if not I guess I'm not interested. Anhedonia has killed a lot of my interests lately but there are some things that I think, career-wise, that I'd like to do. I don't know how give an answer on how I become interested in things I just do. I became obsessed with history and psychology out of thin air simply because, there wasn't a reason for it.

I don't know how to share the results so I'll just post the image. This is the second time I took the test so the results changed a bit. It's decently accurate. Personality type of ISTJ is fair, it's what I get second only to ISTP. I think lately I've become more judgemental of things though. I found Vital being at 3% (meaning 97% depressive) amusing and accurate. I feel that I'm also pretty easy-going and avoid conflict, though I am more than willing and enjoy being combative if pushed hard enough. It also says I have a desire to be attractive (which I interpret as to be admired) which is also pretty accurate since I've never been admired before. The personality disorder section was a bit of a lol factor.The rest I won't comment on since they're pretty average and normal and not of much interest.

For those who didn't view the website. Gray numbers are averages. 1710553434544

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't know what interests me. What interests me are things that I've tried and if I like them great, if not I guess I'm not interested. Anhedonia has killed a lot of my interests lately but there are some things that I think, career-wise, that I'd like to do. I don't know how give an answer on how I become interested in things I just do. I became obsessed with history and psychology out of thin air simply because, there wasn't a reason for it.

I don't know how to share the results so I'll just post the image. This is the second time I took the test so the results changed a bit. It's decently accurate. Personality type of ISTJ is fair, it's what I get second only to ISTP. I think lately I've become more judgemental of things though. I found Vital being at 3% (meaning 97% depressive) amusing and accurate. I feel that I'm also pretty easy-going and avoid conflict, though I am more than willing and enjoy being combative if pushed hard enough. It also says I have a desire to be attractive (which I interpret as to be admired) which is also pretty accurate since I've never been admired before. The personality disorder section was a bit of a lol factor.The rest I won't comment on since they're pretty average and normal and not of much interest.

For those who didn't view the website. Gray numbers are averages. View attachment 132219
It's interesting that you got so few careers. Or maybe it looks like you got less because your photo is wider. Here's what I got. It also said that I should work on my mental/existential and physical health.

2ABB1C5D 1DB9 43BA B5F7 54F5464B4508

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Peter Drucker said, you cannot build on weaknesses, only on strengths.

Point number one: the number one regret for most people is the career choice they made so tread vert carefully. Pursue this not haphazardly pursuing a gut feeling that had nothing to do with real logical conclusions you should have made. Avoid regret by paying attention to this question now.
Number two: think of it in a framework like this: you have the ability to pursue many things in the world and thats where confusion comes from. Peter Drucker the great business teacher in his book Managing Ones Self says in the 1800's this question was already answered for you. If you were born the son of a tailor, you'd be a tailor, son of a butcher, you'd be a butcher, the son of a wheel maker, you'd be a wheel maker. Barry Schwartz in his famous book Paradox of Choice - more choice doesn't always mean happier lives just because we all get that FOMO.
The third point: career can be looked at as a finite specific thing. Like I'm a doctor or an auto-mechanic or whatever. But it's also important to have a zoomed out perspective of your career. Because specific things change overtime. You might get bored of it, it might become irrelevant in the future of a technologically advanced society. But if you have a zoomed out perspective, like an investor. What I mean by that is, investor is a mindset, not a specific occupation. And it's a mindset that be applied to any business. That mentality makes the most people. If you looked on the Forbes 400 list of the self-made, there's double the amount of investors than any other. More than tech, more than real estate, sports, oil & gas. When you apply the investor framework to the tag of whatever specific career, you get a huge potential to make more money and have more freedom. How would you do that in reality? It's not just somebody who invests in the stock market or real estate. It's somebody who post-pones present pleasure for future payouts. Take a step back and read a book. Its an investment in your own brain. Read a book on your own career. Invest some of your time in networking and finding a mentor in your field. Thats an investment of your tome instead of playing video games or watching Netflix. The human brain is fulfilled when its growing its knowledge base. We know that. Little kids start building with Legos. Humans are made to improve. Thats in the core of our DNA. An investor improves the situation. You'll be a lot further along the game in terms of mastery and its important to master your career. If you pursue long term pleasure instead of always pursuing the moment, and the crowd is doing the opposite, the world will reward you.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Peter Drucker said, you cannot build on weaknesses, only on strengths.

Point number one: the number one regret for most people is the career choice they made so tread vert carefully. Pursue this not haphazardly pursuing a gut feeling that had nothing to do with real logical conclusions you should have made. Avoid regret by paying attention to this question now.
Number two: think of it in a framework like this: you have the ability to pursue many things in the world and thats where confusion comes from. Peter Drucker the great business teacher in his book Managing Ones Self says in the 1800's this question was already answered for you. If you were born the son of a tailor, you'd be a tailor, son of a butcher, you'd be a butcher, the son of a wheel maker, you'd be a wheel maker. Barry Schwartz in his famous book Paradox of Choice - more choice doesn't always mean happier lives just because we all get that FOMO.
The third point: career can be looked at as a finite specific thing. Like I'm a doctor or an auto-mechanic or whatever. But it's also important to have a zoomed out perspective of your career. Because specific things change overtime. You might get bored of it, it might become irrelevant in the future of a technologically advanced society. But if you have a zoomed out perspective, like an investor. What I mean by that is, investor is a mindset, not a specific occupation. And it's a mindset that be applied to any business. That mentality makes the most people. If you looked on the Forbes 400 list of the self-made, there's double the amount of investors than any other. More than tech, more than real estate, sports, oil & gas. When you apply the investor framework to the tag of whatever specific career, you get a huge potential to make more money and have more freedom. How would you do that in reality? It's not just somebody who invests in the stock market or real estate. It's somebody who post-pones present pleasure for future payouts. Take a step back and read a book. Its an investment in your own brain. Read a book on your own career. Invest some of your time in networking and finding a mentor in your field. Thats an investment of your tome instead of playing video games or watching Netflix. The human brain is fulfilled when its growing its knowledge base. We know that. Little kids start building with Legos. Humans are made to improve. Thats in the core of our DNA. An investor improves the situation. You'll be a lot further along the game in terms of mastery and its important to master your career. If you pursue long term pleasure instead of always pursuing the moment, and the crowd is doing the opposite, the world will reward you.
People on this thread keep telling me to be an assassin or mercenary. 😂 Personally, I think Egyptologist and aerospace engineer sound pretty cool. It's interesting that I studied something that's in my list of favored careers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus and temptingforrests
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
People on this thread keep telling me to be an assassin or mercenary. Personally I think Egyptologist pretty cool
No joke, I know a guy who did 10 years of mercenary work, he was ex-military. This was in the 1980's, IIRC.
But in all seriousness, do what interests you.

• Yay!
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
No joke, I know a guy who did 10 years of mercenary work, he was ex-military. This was in the 1980's, IIRC.
But in all seriousness, do what interests you.
Lol my major is in my list of favored careers. Don't say it here because I don't want lurkers to know it 🤣

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
People on this thread keep telling me to be an assassin or mercenary. 😂 Personally I think Egyptologist and aerospace engineer sound pretty cool
Idk assassin sounds kinda cool too.

Lol my major is in my list of favored careers. Don't say it here because I don't want lurkers to know it
Does it matter? If you're interested in it go for it. Do what you want, not what a test says.

Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim and DarkRange55
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Idk assassin sounds kinda cool too.

Does it matter? If you're interested in it go for it. Do what you want, not what a test says.
Idk what I want lol

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024

philosopher, freelance writer, novelist, author, astronomer, book editor, freelance artist, scholar, bookstore owner, bookseller, screenwriter, philosophy professor, poet, cinematographer, artist, playwright, librarian, comic book artist, art historian, publisher, archeologist, scientist, composer, video game designer, egyptologist, museum curator, researcher, paleontologist, anthropologist, musician, genetics researcher, historian, theologian, research psychologist, art director, research scientist, songwriter, history professor, linguist, computer animator, professor of english, illustrator, painter, assassin, cartoonist, library assistant, travel writer, curator, film critic, environmental scientist, filmmaker, journalist, english professor, aerospace engineer, political scientist, computer scientist, art curator, audio engineer, archivist, art education, college professor, academic, technical writer, webmaster, animator, psychoanalyst, music journalist, geneticist, astronaut, research assistant, software developer, website designer, movie director, web developer, film editor, copywriter, digital artist, editor music therapist, geologist, web designer, biologist, biochemist, mercenary

philosopher, game designer, scientist, software engineer, freelance artist, research scientist, assassin, freelance writer, physicist, software developer, mathematician, geologist, computer scientist, philosophy professor, webmaster, slacker, medical researcher, painter, mortician, systems analyst, comic book artist, computer technician, website designer, scholar, archeologist, computer repair, forensic anthropologist, astronaut, researcher, historian, systems engineer, genetics researcher, astronomer, environmental scientist, egyptologist

music therapist sounds cool

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Number of philosophers is better than GDP for measuring the success of a society because philosophers just think and don't need to work.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: sserafim
anotherlastchance

anotherlastchance

Your never not you
Feb 3, 2024

I always whas a true chemist in my free time during work I used to be a scaffolder and a damn fast and good one I remember the tallest scaffold I helped building whas about 60 meter high I whas walking around on pipes whit only my helmet my hammer and safety shoes (well yeah and clothing offcourse but no other safety measures like fall. Protection) yeah dancing on pipes high in the air high on amphetamines those where the days I tell ya a real dream career for a true jackass aah I just wish I was suicidal back then and would've taken the dive but hey I felt real good and high

The type of material we us is tube and clamp otherwise known as traditional

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, LoiteringClouds and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I always whas a true chemist in my free time during work I used to be a scaffolder and a damn fast and good one I remember the tallest scaffold I helped building whas about 60 meter high I whas walking around on pipes whit only my helmet my hammer and safety shoes (well yeah and clothing offcourse but no other safety measures like fall. Protection) yeah dancing on pipes high in the air high on amphetamines those where the days I tell ya a real dream career for a true jackass aah I just wish I was suicidal back then and would've taken the dive but hey I felt real good and high

The type of material we us is tube and clamp otherwise known as traditional

I like (organic) chemistry. I would be a chemist

Reactions: Rocinante
anotherlastchance

anotherlastchance

Your never not you
Feb 3, 2024
I like (organic) chemistry. I would be a chemist
Yeah I love chemistry. especially organic, but I never went to school for it. I learned everything in my shed.(home lab). I was always collecting chemicals and glassware. I also loved pyrotechnics, and I had a real efficient chlorate cell which could generate about 300 grams of potassium chlorate a day. my ex girlfriend (who was twice my age btw I'm 26 now) her father was a big amphetamine dealer who had people producing it for him sometimes I got involved. Clandestine chemistry was so to speak also quite interesting.
But not the limit of knowledge and love for chemistry. By the way did you try watching dr. Stone? It's a real gemstone if like chemistry and anime altogether.

• Wow
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Took the test and got "office assistant, office worker, secretary, stay at home parent, clerk, receptionist, libary assistant, personal assitant, bank teller, housekeeper, dental assistant, administrative assistant, accountant, interior decorator, pharmacist, clerical employee, office administrator, beautician, wedding planner, insurance agent, business administrator, banker, retail employee, financial advisor, legal secretary, shop assistant, dietician, office manager, florist, career in the fashion industry, administrative support". I guess Business Administration was my major so it makes sense though I don't think I'd be very good at it.

• Informative
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
careers that might interest someone with your personality (ranked in preference order)...

ceo, executive, ambassador, strategist, businessman, business analyst, corporate lawyer, international business specialist, project manager, diplomat, political scientist, business consultant, business administrator, business manager, political analyst, entrepreneur, stock broker, politician, management consultant, financial manager, lawyer, scientist, investment banker, scholar, college professor, international relations specialist, philosophy professor, policy analyst, marketing director, judge, financial adviser, academic, research scientist, consultant, economist, philosopher, marketing manager, operations manager, financial planner, analyst, marketing specialist, supervisor, mathematician, advertising executive, dictator, entertainment lawyer, biomedical engineer, business owner, nuclear engineer, administrator, researcher, genetics researcher, aerospace engineer, astronaut, biochemist, data analyst, international spy, financial analyst, chemical engineer, public relations specialist, civil engineer, neurosurgeon, neurologist, real estate investor architect, military intelligence​

IMG 1023

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There isn't a single career that interests me or that I want to do. There never will be. I was born in this world against my consent so I shouldn't be expected to enjoy anything in this world. I don't want to do anything. I wish I could just rot away alone as a neet far away from humanity

Reactions: Sylveon, DeIetedUser4739 and sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Do not use personality tests, especially random online personality tests, to choose which career you should go into (though I'm aware that you probably plan on just staying a NEET but still).

Screenshot 20240627 091614 Samsung Internet

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There isn't a single career that interests me or that I want to do. There never will be. I was born in this world against my consent so I shouldn't be expected to enjoy anything in this world. I don't want to do anything. I wish I could just rot away alone as a neet far away from humanity
Same. I don't dream of labor
Do not use personality tests, especially random online personality tests, to choose which career you should go into (though I'm aware that you probably plan on just staying a NEET but still).

View attachment 143833
I just took the test again for fun. Egyptologist ayyy. That sounds pretty interesting

1D972343 086F 4A7C 891A E9EBAC0A9898
20AF3CE0 D7CC 437A AE96 29ADEFCE011F

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocinante, derpyderpins, EvisceratedJester and 1 other person
S

sovcat

Jun 20, 2024
All those jobs sound neat actually. I'd imagine it's hard to just pick one or few.

My criteria is really weird and boring. I just want an air-conditioned office job where I don't have to clean after others and where I like my coworkers. I know some people hate the idea of a "boring office job" but that's all I wanted post-college. It's just that no one hired me despite my efforts so I went back to what I used to do before college.

I'm really tried of working food service and warehouse jobs though. Nothing wrong with them on principle and I don't look down on people who work them into older age (bc I'm one of them lol), but I'm just ready to move on.