• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

anyoneshorizon

Jun 8, 2022
I've been preparing 24 hour fasts before taking the SN. I learned that you rlly only need to fast for 8 hours. This is a huge relief I have gone 2 separate days without eating as practice but this just makes it all so much better. I can have something to eat before I do it. Also not eating for a day gets very distracting because I'll be thinking about eating. Also sometimes while fasting I get little headaches or feel a little nauseous. Point is I am great ful to come across this information. Do I need to fast the day before? No right?

• Hugs
Reactions: Niirvana
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
You can do it all on the same day, that's how I'll do it, don't eat/drink 8 hours before

Reactions: heavyeyes and universe
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
According to Stan's Guide, the time for water only fasting is 4 to 8 hours, depending on your metabolism, and the time suggested for not having water before is two hours, but the guide also says you can take sips of water if needed. The quote from Stan's guide regarding fasting is below:

"Fasting is strongly recommended. Some people have medical conditions that mean fasting has a negative effect on them. Sources say that 8 hours is needed. I would suggest individuals know their own metabolism better than a book. If you know that your stomach feels empty after 4 hours, then I suggest you have a 4 hour fast. Try to avoid eating anything large and heavy. Avoid drinking anything two hours prior to drinking the SN. If you need to, then just plain water."

Last edited:
Reactions: numbnesshuman, Deleted member 31858, heavyeyes and 4 others
universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
I agree with others on this, Stan's guide reckons 8 hours is enough. Personally I would fast for at least 24 hours, or even more (36 hours) because I know my stomach.

gomenasai

gomenasai

Student
Sep 30, 2022
Wouldn't fasting for too long increase the level of the hydrochloric acid in the stomach (that could partially destroy the SN)? I found this information:

"When there are no contents or food in the stomach for it to break down, such as when one is fasting, stomach acid levels can start to increase, But if there's no food in the stomach to 'soak up' the acid, this can result in harmful acid buildup that can cause epigastric pain, discomfort (heartburn) and regurgitation of the acid into the esophagus (acid reflux)."

I'm not sure what that means in our case. I know fasting is recommended, but is fasting for longer than 8 hours also recommended? Antacids seem necessary then. Not sure

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ksp, tilly17, Deleted member 31858 and 2 others
universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
Very good question, I have the impression that everything is getting complicated, it's tiring. I was also planning the Anbtacids. I really don't feel like my CTB failed, that would really be the end of everything.

regal20

regal20

Sep 19, 2022
Wouldn't fasting for too long increase the level of the hydrochloric acid in the stomach (that could partially destroy the SN)? I found this information:

"When there are no contents or food in the stomach for it to break down, such as when one is fasting, stomach acid levels can start to increase, But if there's no food in the stomach to 'soak up' the acid, this can result in harmful acid buildup that can cause epigastric pain, discomfort (heartburn) and regurgitation of the acid into the esophagus (acid reflux)."

I'm not sure what that means in our case. I know fasting is recommended, but is fasting for longer than 8 hours also recommended? Antacids seem necessary then. Not sure
I think this can happen during a short-term fast, when the stomach is used to producing acid at a certain time of day. On the second or third day, the stomach stops producing acid if we don't have contact with food and don't think about it.

Reactions: heavyeyes and universe