M4rii

M4rii

life is pain
Oct 8, 2023
Hey

I've been thinking about CTB for a few years, and my plan is to try it next year right before my birthday.

However, I don't know what I should write in a farewell letter, and especially who should I write one to? In the end I only have one friend that I could always talk to.

Would you write a letter or just send a message via Whatsapp?

• Hugs
Reactions: hereornot, Zhendou and Yoñlü×
Yoñlü×

Yoñlü×

Jul 19, 2024
You can write a letter telling your feelings, put the blame on someone perhaps, ask for forgiveness, make a suggestion to the correspondent, death poetry etc, I wish you all the best

Reactions: 3/4Dead, hereornot, Zhendou and 1 other person
M4rii

M4rii

life is pain
Oct 8, 2023
You can write a letter telling your feelings, put the blame on someone perhaps, ask for forgiveness, make a suggestion to the correspondent, death poetry etc, I wish you all the best
thank you :) "blame on someone perhaps" that sounds good :)

• Yay!
Reactions: Nefera and Zhendou
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
what stopped me from doing it in 2022 was because I had no letter. I thought I found the perfect height to jump off of. But just before I did I felt like I owed an explanation to well family. As well as to not to waste resources on a murder investigation. By the time I reasoned why it was ok not to have it I lost the nerve. Thats my experience. Take of it what u will.

Reactions: M4rii
H

hereornot

May 16, 2024
Hey

I've been thinking about CTB for a few years, and my plan is to try it next year right before my birthday.

However, I don't know what I should write in a farewell letter, and especially who should I write one to? In the end I only have one friend that I could always talk to.

Would you write a letter or just send a message via Whatsapp?
Hi. I suggest doing a test first. A death is not something others naturally desire. In other words, it is something unwanted.

Try breaking some unwanted news to see how they rationalize it. In my experience, the result was for those who would take the blame away and outsource it even to those who could not defend themselves. In other words, they thought what they least disliked.

Each family is unique, if yours has more empathy, it may be different. That's why I suggest testing and observing behavior patterns.

This can help you think about what message to send, or even whether to leave a message and to whom.

Reactions: M4rii and Beyond_Repair