Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Have any of you done any searches of famous suicides? There have been many throughout history. I hate to point out a piece of the obvious human tedency to seek approval. But when I see them, it makes me feel like, "How can I be so wrong to want to do it? If all these rich, famous, and influential celebrities have done it, how can a broke loser like me be blamed for doing the same thing?" I realize a lot of them only did it after their career was shot, and/or went broke. Or was losing to a major health problem. But not all. Some were just depressed, and died of things only people like us understand. Doesn't seem like our exit is quite as difficult to understand next to a celeb with no physical health issues, tons of money, and endless numbers of people who adore them.

Reactions: JeSuisMalade, lululoo and marcusuk63
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
maybe we are born with a suicide gene ?

Reactions: pillsandstep2 and Laststop
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Maybe. It's a new and oddly comforting thing for me to have something like SS, and be able to look at pro suicide quotes via safer proxies. There are certainly more than just a couple of us out there. If you think about the possibility of there being such a gene, consider this: what are the "things" that elude many of us that "normal" people take for granted? What gene do they have that we don't, and thus can live the normal life that we can't seem to, and makes it so they can't understand our desire for exit?

• Love
Reactions: marcusuk63 and Inevitable