S

stopmesuffering

Aug 15, 2024
Anyone try to have a discussion with family around the the right to end one's life if they are going through so much suffering but they just get shut down straight away. Either the person walks away and gets angry or just refuses to talk about it. Or you get called a coward. Feeling like I'm hitting a blank wall here every time. Or you getting accused of not being rational. Like what could be more rational than that?and then you're told the answer is you need to do on anti-depressants.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Bear1234, daley and 1 other person
B

Bear1234

Student
Jul 8, 2024
Unless you are immensely suffering, the right to die doesn't cross people's mind. It always crossed mine because ive dealt with physical health issues most of my 20s so im fully aware of how suffering can derail someone's quality of life. Unfortunately what you are doing is a lost cause. Ive tried a lottttt to make my family realize that this is the humane moral logical thing - right to die. Its almost insane that people aren't allowed to choose to die. its taking away a right. But i think religion kinda enforces this idea and thats why our society can't get on board. I get your frustration though.

Reactions: stopmesuffering