Zneko

Zneko

Sep 3, 2020
My family knows I am suicidal the only positive is they also know that the hospital is the worst place for me as I will lose my job. They keep telling me they care but the one thing I asked for help with and I say would actually help the only thing they want to do is say its not going to happen or if they are feeling manipulative they will tell me. That I will never be able to know if it will happen if i commit suicide. They act like this is going to go away or that they can just shelve it for when they individually want to help. Their main reasons they give me to live is always but it will make me sad to see you go, and ignore that just living is constantly driving me crazy and I cannot even function normally.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14386, fat feet, RealHumanBean and 1 other person
RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
I love my family and they try their best, but it's the exact same. They simply cannot comprehend what this experience feels like. My only useful advice is to simplify the tasks that you assign them (in order to support you). E.g. "I need to to come and be nearby in-person for a while"

Advice is worth nothing when the person giving it has no experience with severe mental illness.

Reactions: fat feet
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Totally agree. It is easy to judge, hard to understand. People always judge and give me advice and none of them have a clue what mental illness is at all.