Slaanesh

Slaanesh

Memento mori
Oct 23, 2019
Anyone else hate having to attend these?

I have basically nothing in common with my family a set of people who I'm only connected to through blood and yet if I decline to keep up formalities with them my parents won't talk to me for the next couple of weeks.

The fundamental freedom is the freedom to say no and I just don't want to have anything to do with them.

I just want to be left alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Brink and PrettyMoose
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
We have a family reunion yearly and I absolutely loathe going. None of them care any other day of the year about me, so why does that one day matter? However, it makes my dad happy, so I go.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Brink
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
I used to love attending my family's gatherings and wish we were all close.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Sounds like your parents are trying to control your behaviors with punishment if you don't do what they approve of. Mine used to do the same thing, but for different reasons than the scenario in the OP.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I hated it so much and was forced to when I was under 18. Now I have just stopped going and I'm so miserable to be around no one asks me to anyway. I completely estranged myself from my dad's side of family because they were all uptight, snobs who looked down on me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I was never big into family gatherings either. I used to wait tell after the meal when they're nice and sauced, then sneak off with the unattended booze. Now I just avoid them altogether.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink and Myforevercharlie
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I don't enjoy them, I don't like talking much and having any attention on me. Especially when it comes to Holidays and my Birthday.