Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
False hope helps you short term. You'll be motivated to keep going, but once you're rejected it'll hurt more then if you had no hope to begin with.

Hope has no place in your life, if you want to keep your wits. You'll KNOW everything will go wrong. You'll KNOW that it won't happen, no matter what you do, yet you still hope. You pray, and struggle in vain, and when your worst fears are finally proven true, you'll feel nothing but anguish and despair.

Hope is a dangerous thing.

• Love
Reactions: konstantine_217, Immensevoid, Rogue Proxy and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I certainly have awareness that existence is completely hopeless. I see any hope in this reality as just being a delusion to lead to more suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Immensevoid, Meditation guide, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Hope is just another form of delusion.
I find it's better to have no Hope at all and just face the grim reality of it all.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, sserafim, Hollowman and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
False hope helps you short term. You'll be motivated to keep going, but once you're rejected it'll hurt more then if you had no hope to begin with.

Hope has no place in your life, if you want to keep your wits. You'll KNOW everything will go wrong. You'll KNOW that it won't happen, no matter what you do, yet you still hope. You pray, and struggle in vain, and when your worst fears are finally proven true, you'll feel nothing but anguish and despair.

False hope sucks. How do we really know when our hope is false, that's what I struggle with. I tend to have a fantasy world I live in which makes it especially hard to be realistic and with the accurate assessment of my situation.

Reactions: sserafim, Hollowman, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021

I've been led by life to firmly now believe that any hope is false. 42 years of being abused, abandoned and in constant pain has taught me that, relentlessly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Meditation guide, sserafim and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
True- the very worst lows in my life have followed being given hope. Usually in the form of a job opportunity that falls through. Now, I try to reign in the excitement at the chance of something- but that just tends to make it look like I don't care- which employers don't like either.

Just feels like we're screwed either way. I don't think you can imagine things improving in life without hope but I agree- so much of the time, it's setting yourself up for a fall.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Darkover, Meditation guide and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

I agree. False hope is just an illusion and turns out to be a lie.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Darkover and Meditation guide