BojackH

BojackH

Jun 21, 2023
I fear I won't be able to do anything in my life. I won't amount to anything. I don't wanna be dependent on my mother forever. I wanna get a job but I'm too incompetent. When I look at people around me I get scared. Everyone has a plan, they've been putting efforts, the competition is insane. Guess I'm not meant for survival.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: pole, swaraj, Sannti and 4 others
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I fear I won't be able to do anything in my life. I won't amount to anything. I don't wanna be dependent on my mother forever. I wanna get a job but I'm too incompetent. When I look at my people around me I get scared. Everyone has a plan, they've been putting efforts, the competition is insane. Guess I'm not meant for survival.
This is a complex question because it relies on many things.

1) Do you have support? If yes your world is wide open my friend. If no you have to be more selective.
2) Can you get a job and move up within it or get an education -> to get a better job.

While it shouldn't be the case my 20s were stolen/wasted/taken from me. I was the victim of a crime where I am now at the same level as someone who spent their 20s doing nothing but eating big macs and playing xbox 24/7. While I studied my ass off and went to medical school only to have it stolen from me after 4 years. Except big mac guy doesn't have my debt. This should be a warning in regards to debt. Make sure if you take on debt you have a plan to get rid of it. I did go to medical school -> become a doctor -> maybe work for the military and get a significant portion forgiven.... Even if that isn't the case doctor's can easily pay off the kind of debt I have. Unfortunately I didn't have 1. I had the illusion of support but in actuality none was present.

Simply speaking figure out what makes you happy. And then move towards it. Bearing in mind the amount of support you have and keeping your debt low...

Reactions: houseofleaves
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Same feel. Already failing just entering adulthood. Would become irreversabe at 30 or maybe even 25.