Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
Someone posted on another website that their brother died by tying a rope around his neck before he fell asleep and he gradually lost oxygen through the night and died. Is this even possible? I would like to try it but am afraid that it seems too good to be true.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
I think it is possible, but it has to be very painful and slow death. Also you would have to overcome SI, so it's not that easy method.

• Love
Reactions: Anarcholoser and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I dunno if it's possible but I'll tell you about a failed attempt I had about 10 years ago:

I took lots of sleeping pills, put a bag in my head and fell asleep.

Then, I woke up 20 hours later, the bag was broken and I was obviously still alive.

To sum up, my subconscious decided it was not my time to die and plastic bags won't probably work.

As for the rope, I have no clue but I might do that! (tried to do it last year but I ended up passing out too son because of a terrible OD)

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, Pen>Sword, Anarcholoser and 3 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
If true, I think it's more likely that the rope somehow restriced blood flow to the brain rather than airflow into the lungs... or a combination of the two maybe. I'd expect something sedative in the form of drugs and/or alcohol might have been involved too.

Reactions: Anarcholoser
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Too risky, one might end up with a brain damage

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Pen>Sword and Anarcholoser
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
the suffocating sensation would probably wake you up

Reactions: waitingtodie, Fthis, Anarcholoser and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I haven't heard of many people using this method, it would probably have high chance of failure, survival instinct might stop it. I personally would never go for it, it just sounds awful.

Reactions: Anarcholoser and Fthis
Fthis

Fthis

Student
Dec 8, 2020
It sounds good but I already have sleep problems so I'd be awake once the suffocating feeling starts