sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
couldnt think of a better title but i wish that people who put a lot of stock into taking down this site (if they know that it exists) or even just suicide prevention in itself, actually paid attention to causes in the first place and were activists for literally any 1 of those causes

cuz without getting to the roots of a problem all your doing is desperately trying to patch up a fatal wound. with peaceful poisons or stepping out into train tracks, if someone is suicidal they get less and less bothered about their method just about the end goal. so how does taking away peaceful options and this website solve anything? it doesnt, itjust pushes the problem out of site and out of mind so that those who are squicked out by the topic never have to see peoples suffering so blatantly.

im not saying people should try to solve every problem in the world, its not possible and you become fatigued easily. but if you pick something important to you like sticking up for trans people in our ever changing society, or speaking out against racism, or whether its tackling bullying in schools. THESE things at least are tangible problems that frequently lead to suicides. if the relatives of those who have died want to help, it should be the reason of that persons pain if they know it. thats my honest opinion

trying to change deathly depressed peoples minds by telling them to smile isnt even a bandaid its an insult. it might even be the knife to some people. medication and side effects can just change the type of pain a person feels. numbing feelings to mask depression is not a cure for depressipn! it is still there!

anyway. granted, not everyones pain is purely social. but attempting to tackle social problems beats last resort "help" that barely helps anyone anyway

• Love
Reactions: silkwings, RedHotRage, SunflowerBrains and 10 others
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Activism does nothing tangible to solve any real problem. Just all talk. If it was doing something, where's the money then for the disabled—needs met, not suffering?

Reactions: cgrtt.brns, bruised and deathLiberation
deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
When you research on who finances activists, you realize it´s all a big lie.
If it worked, it would be illegal.

T

The Unpenetrated

Mar 1, 2023
The last folks who would help poor children are the folks who oppose abortion of any kind and form (and usually also support child labor). So you figure out what kind of morals these people actually stand on. Same goes for suicide. The people most opposed to it are also people who would like for the poor to struggle as much as possible and for the rich to get even more tax cuts.

Reactions: Jallu55, Hirokami, Zetsubou and 1 other person
Zetsubou

Zetsubou

Friend of Despair
Mar 16, 2023
A lot of the "activists" who are trying to take down this site don't actually care about suicidal people, they just want to feel morally superior to others. Just look at the language some of them on Twitter use when discussing the users on this forum ("fuckwits," etc.). Tackling the problems that actually cause suicidal ideation for some people requires work that they don't want to put any effort in.

Reactions: SunflowerBrains, Hirokami, NoLoveNoHope and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
The worst part about being in our position is that we see some of the worst in humanity. These people are a prime example: gleefully bullying and attacking suicidal people who have already been tormented to near death. Then there are the sexual predators. And the 'Nembutal scam' artists. I've even had a former friend rip me off a significant sum of money knowing full well I'm unlikely to be around much longer.

I wish I could explain to the young people that not all of humanity is like this. Some will leave this world having known nothing else.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hirokami, SunflowerBrains, Zetsubou and 4 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Want to know one way I know their "activism" means nothing? I've come across pro-lifers wanting pro-choicers to kill themselves. Yes, the same people who share platitudes like "Suicide is never the answer" and "You matter".

• Love
Reactions: SunflowerBrains and sashimi_
sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
Want to know one way I know their "activism" means nothing? I've come across pro-lifers wanting pro-choicers to kill themselves. Yes, the same people who share platitudes like "Suicide is never the answer" and "You matter".
ugh fuck THOSE people in particular

• Hugs
Reactions: Hirokami, SunflowerBrains and Pluto
RedHotRage

RedHotRage

May 1, 2023
For people taking the moral high ground who do this from a point of internalized moral superiority, it really is ironic.

Black and white thinking that all death is some equal kind of bad, that people truly miserable with their lives simply ending their pain is some grave evil compared to all the other ways people are dying in this world.

Reactions: sashimi_