roo

roo

I’m alright, spring will come to me too someday
Feb 20, 2022
i've failed my final exams, can't go to college like i had planned, NOT repeating the entire year...what now :/ i was so excited about going to college and starting my dream career and its just all gone now, i knew it was too good to be true
its all my fault too i couldve just tried harder

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: houseofleaves, LivideLamb, Seaghost and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Sorry to hear that. What an awful feeling. :(

I failed to finish high school and have been working uninspiring jobs ever since. If I hadn't found some other interests, I wouldn't have made it this far. In the bigger picture, repeating a year may not be the end of the world?

• Love
Reactions: houseofleaves, LivideLamb, Élégie and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like an dreadful situation to be in, this life really is so depressing. I'm sorry that you are going through this. It is terrible how so many things can go wrong in this life. It must be stressful having to deal with the pressure of exams. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

• Love
Reactions: LivideLamb and Dead Meat
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
I am sorry you have hit a roadblock. Not passing exams sucks. It hurts our pride and reminds us that we could have - maybe - done a bit more. But sometimes it's also just dumb luck for studying the wrong parts.

It happens.
We all have been there.
And while it might feel like the end of the world, it really just is a change of plans.

Will it be a bit harder?
Yes.
Will it suck?
Most definitely.

But again: it's not impossible to fix.

Take a break. A deep breath.
Look at your options and then tackle the problem with a new, better plan.

I dropped out of high school during grade 11. Went for an apprenticeship instead. Then found a way to still get a university degree and it all worked out in the end. Possibly even better because I KNEW why I wanted to go to uni.

So, go make a plan that works for you.
❤️

• Love
Reactions: Foresight, Dead Meat and Iamchickenhat
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
I'm not sure where you are from, but is there not a test you can take to finish high school without having to repeat the whole year?

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Dead Meat and Iamchickenhat