Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I haven't succeeded at anything I've wanted to for as long as I can remember. If I manage to do something correctly, it's just through luck.
I've failed at interacting with others, suicide attempts, even at simple instructions. I might've just lost my family a ton of money because I sent something to be repaired, but didn't follow any of the instructions in the email like an idiot.
I'm done with being a failure. I just want to be good at something, have some sort of talent. Even something dumb would be fine, I just want to succeed for once.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kassender, randomz, SuicidalSymphonies and 4 others
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
I haven't succeeded at anything I've wanted to for as long as I can remember. If I manage to do something correctly, it's just through luck.
I've failed at interacting with others, suicide attempts, even at simple instructions. I might've just lost my family a ton of money because I sent something to be repaired, but didn't follow any of the instructions in the email like an idiot.
I'm done with being a failure. I just want to be good at something, have some sort of talent. Even something dumb would be fine, I just want to succeed for once.

I'd say that the best thing you can do right now, to achieve this objective, is to experiment with as many things as possible, and not expect immediate results.
What are your hobbies?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: randomz, SuicidalSymphonies, Saed and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Hmmm, perhaps having the baby steps tactic can apply here?
IDK, because people told me that in the past and it never quite worked for me.
Either way, some failure can lead to something, more brighter at times. I am sure you have a talent, one that will lead to success... It's always harsh when a person is not aware of it yet, however.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, Saed and maru.
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Maybe,and I hope this proves to be the case,your life will have moved on to a brighter place.
Then,you can look back at those suicide attempts as "successes in avoiding death"?
What about physical activities,like running or swimming?

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, Deleted member 19276 and maru.
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I do some basic bicycle riding nowadays. Swimming, I know how, haven't been to a pool in a long while though.
Maybe that could give others ideas. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, maru. and Saed
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
As others have said, I think swimming is an amazing way to pump up your mood and you can learn all kinds of ways to swim, too.

I am disabled and my go to is swimming because it basically carries me. No pressure on my lower back or knees. I could float for hours.

Do you have any specific hobbies you like? Maybe you can dig a little deeper and find some way to succeed in those as well!

After all, you've succeeded to make a post here. You've succeeded in joining the forum, you've succeeded in having an adorable profile picture and so on. x

Reactions: Deleted member 19276, FriendofDeath and randomz
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
Doodle. :) I initially started with the adult coloring books, but wanted to do something that was all mine. I am not a great artist, no. I started doodling and found it calming and interesting to find out what I'd come up with. It's cheap, portable and you can't do it wrong. Yes, that pink jumble is one of my doodles. I know someone who doodles on many different items that she then sells. Her doodles are recognizable designs. And even if it doesn't become your thing, it might help you come up with something you are good at and enjoy. IMG 20160204 124920 hdr

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, AnxietyAttack44 and I screwed up