sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Failure to launch is making me want to ctb. My life has been terrible ever since I graduated college last year. I'm basically a hikikomori at this point. However, my parents only see this as a "transition period" and expect me to be on my own and independent soon…my dad is coming back in October and I'm literally gonna get kicked out.

They don't understand that I have social issues which make it hard for me to interact with other people or ever successfully live in society, they just see me as a "parasite". Honestly living with ASD is a curse. I'll never be able to fit into the real world or get a good job, yet they expect me to do this. They expect me to do the same things as neurotypical people.

The fact that I'm eventually gonna be left on my own and get kicked out is making me want to kms.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, kitty_kat, Archness and 5 others
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Yeah it sucks to feel like you're going to be trapped at home forever. I have below average social skills and crappy executive functioning and get overwhelmed and anxious in environments that are too unpredictable. As much as I want to get out of here, I know that it isn't very realistic for me and this thought terrifies me. CTB would be an easy way out of it all

Reactions: Trannydiary, Eudaimonic, Archness and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah it sucks to feel like you're going to be trapped at home forever. I have below average social skills and crappy executive functioning and get overwhelmed and anxious in environments that are too unpredictable. As much as I want to get out of here, I know that it isn't very realistic for me and this thought terrifies me. CTB would be an easy way out of it all
I wish my parents could let me stay at home forever. I'm literally going to get kicked out next month by my dad and become homeless. My mom literally knows I have ASD and ADHD, yet she refuses to help me, and instead wants to get rid of me. Ugh I wish I had nice and understanding parents 😭

Well anyways, if I ctb before next month then I'll never be homeless. I'm really desperate and reaching my breaking point rn. I feel like I'm being driven over the edge. I'm literally depressed every day and don't have the energy to get out of bed, but my mom just complains that I'm "lazy" and that I stay in bed all day. Bitch I literally have depression, can't you see I need help, not to be kicked out of the house?

Ugh my parents are so toxic and not understanding whatsoever. I wish I had nice parents 🥲
My social skills are basically nonexistent at this point, and I have ADHD as well as ASD so you can guess how bad my executive functioning is 😂 executive function? More like dysfunction.

My time management is literal shit, and I never even had this concept or understanding in the first place. I didn't know that some people didn't need to be taught how to manage time.

I really wish I didn't have these issues, and that I was neurotypical instead 😭 I hate being neurodivergent

Last edited:
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

Apr 15, 2023
I wish my parents could let me stay at home forever. I'm literally going to get kicked out next month by my dad and become homeless. My mom literally knows I have ASD and ADHD, yet she refuses to help me, and instead wants to get rid of me. Ugh I wish I had nice and understanding parents 😭
yeah at my last dwelling, I was constantly being threatened with being kicked out on my 18th birthday (even though that would have been the middle of the school year) and being called a parasite for not having a job (mind you, I had no ID and wasn't even allowed a job). I probably would be able to live with my mother forever but only problem is that I despise her for ruining my life and it's only really because she has this thing where she treats us awfully but expects us to be around her constantly and shower her with affection and appreciation. It is a pretty bleak situation and I'd like out but my depression/social anxiety/ocd and likely autism make it difficult for me to function away from the internet

• Aww..
Reactions: Archness and sserafim
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
sad thing is that so many people believe in tough love and "you'll get through this" because it was possibly done to them. A lot of people don't realize how hard it is for certain people in society. To be tortured by social situations when people are "supposed" to be social at their core, but it's not the truth for everyone. I wish I could help more, but I'm even struggling with all this myself😢

Right now I'm a homeless person in my own home and with my recent unemployment I am running out of time😢

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, MatrixPrisoner, EternalShore and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
yeah at my last dwelling, I was constantly being threatened with being kicked out on my 18th birthday (even though that would have been the middle of the school year) and being called a parasite for not having a job (mind you, I had no ID and wasn't even allowed a job). I probably would be able to live with my mother forever but only problem is that I despise her for ruining my life and it's only really because she has this thing where she treats us awfully but expects us to be around her constantly and shower her with affection and appreciation. It is a pretty bleak situation and I'd like out but my depression/social anxiety/ocd and likely autism make it difficult for me to function away from the internet
I'm sorry to hear that 🥲 my parents say that I should've been independent at 18 and that they waited 5 years too late for me to be.

I'm sorry that your mom is like that 😭 honestly I think my mom has a personality disorder as well, I think she's a narcissist or bipolar or even borderline. She treats my sister so well, but she treats me like shit. My sister is the golden child, and I'm the black sheep. My mom and I have never been close, I think we never properly bonded. The worst thing is that she turned my sister against me, and that they always exclude me. It's always the two of them together. I feel so left out.

My mom is so unpredictable. Sometimes she's nice, sometimes she's mean. I can never tell what mood she'll be in…and the worst thing is that she expects me to be grateful and to always be nice to her even when she's mean to me. My sister always showers her with affection and appreciation tho, my sister is honestly such a people-pleaser….

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :( I hope you're able to find somewhere to go once you get kicked out! >_<
Also, it's really weird to me how your parents know you have ADHD, ASD, and depression yet they still delude themselves into thinking that you're just slow to start it'd be better to kick you out forcefully if need be! >_< You can't survive without a job like that on your own like that at all! :(((
Also, my parents have been reading that book, "Failure to Launch" (which I assume you got the thread title from), and it scares me so much! >_<

Reactions: sserafim
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

Apr 15, 2023
I'm sorry to hear that 🥲 my parents say that I should've been independent at 18 and that they waited 5 years too late for me to be.

I'm sorry that your mom is like that 😭 honestly I think my mom has a personality disorder as well, I think she's a narcissist or bipolar or even borderline. She treats my sister so well, but she treats me like shit. My sister is the golden child, and I'm the black sheep. My mom and I have never been close, I think we never properly bonded. The worst thing is that she turned my sister against me, and that they always exclude me. It's always the two of them together. I feel so left out.

My mom is so unpredictable. Sometimes she's nice, sometimes she's mean. I can never tell what mood she'll be in…and the worst thing is that she expects me to be grateful and to always be nice to her even when she's mean to me. My sister always showers her with affection and appreciation tho, my sister is honestly such a people-pleaser….
Yeah it sucks to have a mother that you struggle to have any love for. And yeah I've suspected my mother has the same things going on too. She's also very unintelligent so that's likely another factor.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah it sucks to have a mother that you struggle to have any love for. And yeah I've suspected my mother has the same things going on too. She's also very unintelligent so that's likely another factor.
Ikr, I wish I had a mom that actually loved me 😭 my mom is a high-achiever who's pretty successful, I would say that she's pretty intelligent?

She's mainly mad about the fact that I'm a "failure". My parents are both high-achieving people who are successful, and they left home at early ages and made something of themselves. I'm not living up to their expectations, so they see me as a "shame", "disappointment", and "failure"
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :( I hope you're able to find somewhere to go once you get kicked out! >_<
Also, it's really weird to me how your parents know you have ADHD, ASD, and depression yet they still delude themselves into thinking that you're just slow to start it'd be better to kick you out forcefully if need be! >_< You can't survive without a job like that on your own like that at all! :(((
Also, my parents have been reading that book, "Failure to Launch" (which I assume you got the thread title from), and it scares me so much! >_<
Thanks! I hope they won't actually kick me out 😭 I wish she was just saying this to scare me. My dad seems pretty set on it tho so hopefully I can convince him not to. He even wanted to disinherit and disown me 🥲

I was never close to my dad growing up, and I didn't grow up around him so he doesn't know that I have any issues. I don't think he even knows about my ADHD or ASD.

I think my parents see kicking me out and forcing me to be on my own as motivation and the catalyst for me to "make something out of myself". They're mad about the fact that I'm not doing anything, and they keep telling me to "do something". I think they also want me to be independent because they themselves left home at early ages (my dad went to college at 15 or 16! And my mom studied abroad and ended up living in another country after college, completely on her own). However, unfortunately I'm not a high-achiever like them.

They're just mad about the fact that I didn't successfully make the transition to adulthood…I don't think kicking me out is the right choice tho! Hopefully they realize this

Last edited:
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

Apr 15, 2023
Well my father is a high achiever and basically an expert in his field. Meanwhile I'm myself💀