MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
first time: rather not say this time was a bit of a clown show. tried co. hadn't slept in 2 days. it's cold outside. but my bathroom is small. even filled garbage bags to lessen the volume. bought some drinks so i'd pass out. kept reading my cheap co meter. it hit max over and over. but the heat made my toe open the door a crack over and over. meter dropped a lot!

finally couldn't take the heat. wondering if i should get back in there. f! so tired.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, higherthanthesun, hopelesswanderer and 2 others
H

hopelesswanderer

Oct 12, 2023
I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you intended. I have a question as I also prefer the CO method. Were you able to start the coals in your bathroom / house without setting off alarms?

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
i live on the top floor of the building (concrete). stairwell is well ventilated. i bought a co detector and took a razor blade to the little speaker since it was so loud. not many of those devices where i currently live. in fact when i ordered the co meter the first time, they asked for some customs documents lol. had 3 types of coal. had no real idea which was best for the purpose so i basically mixed it up. one of them smoked a lot. might try again tonight.

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
How long were you in there? Did you feel anything from the CO?

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
have no idea what the ppeh is talking about. especially that chart that notes ppm level/exposure time/symptoms. started
around 11pm in my bathroom that i measured ~8 cubic meters. made that even less by filling up garbage bags with air and taping them to the ceiling. i figure it was less than 6 cubics after i filled in some other junk too.

i don't have a scale but i used a lot of charcoal. opened up windows in 22F degree weather - outside the bathroom. was still too hot to get near it while it was flaming. side note: electric fire starters kicks some ass if you like to bbq.

so i waited til it stopped flaming, got inside and closed the door. was still too hot so i had to slightly open the door now and then. co meter was at it's 1k max. was in there for a long time. i was a bit dizzy but i hadn't slept in a while and was drinking while i was watching the fire. fell down twice XD surprised i didn't burn myself. no nausea, no convulsions and obviously... no death.

not sure exactly how long i was in there. definitely more than an hour.

long enough to watch the embers fade away and i gave up.

• Hmph!
Reactions: doormat25
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You started the fire in the bathroom, not outside then moving it inside after the flames stopped? Was the bathroom door closed while it was flaming? And you were in there with it the whole time? It must have been an oven.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
alerts seem to be off. yes indoor. did not want to carry a chimney of burning coals downstairs. door was open while it was flaming. there was too much smoke to get in anyway. i went in when the flames died down. was still too hot.