• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LLawliet

LLawliet

Am I numb, or am I dead
Mar 3, 2020
So my friend tried to kill himself by drinking lighter fluid, and he survived it, but didn't go to the hospital or get help or tell anyone other than me. It was a few weeks ago and he said he was fine and now he's changed his mind about wanting to die, but now he says he feels like his body is shutting down on him. Could this be after effects of the lighter fluid or is it something else?

I don't know if this is where I should ask this question but I'm hoping I'll be able to get an answer here

• Aww..
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
BehindTheWall

BehindTheWall

May 21th 2020
Aug 26, 2020
I think he should go to the hospital, just in case things get worse.

LLawliet

LLawliet

Am I numb, or am I dead
Mar 3, 2020
Thats what I told him he should do but he says he's fine. I think because of the virus and everything he's scared to go

BehindTheWall

BehindTheWall

May 21th 2020
Aug 26, 2020
If he don't want to ctb anymore and if he's really in bad chape I think he'Il go to the hospital no matter what.

almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
So my friend tried to kill himself by drinking lighter fluid, and he survived it, but didn't go to the hospital or get help or tell anyone other than me. It was a few weeks ago and he said he was fine and now he's changed his mind about wanting to die, but now he says he feels like his body is shutting down on him. Could this be after effects of the lighter fluid or is it something else?

I don't know if this is where I should ask this question but I'm hoping I'll be able to get an answer here
Definitely consult a doctor

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
If he doesn't want to go to the hospital can't he at least phone a doctor for a telephone consultation? Really though he should go and get checked over before anything more severe happens.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Are you absolutely sure he did this? I'm doubtful. The only reason I'm asking is because when a person drinks solvents, it causes the body to produce fluid and vomit that flood the lungs resulting in death. It will also burn the inside of your lungs which requires Emergency services. I'm guessing he just took a tiny amount, if any, and is looking for your support and some attention. There is no way if he DRANK lighter fluid he wouldn't need hospital intervention.

Last edited:
Reactions: krsu, WearyOfStruggling and MartyByrde
MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
Mar 15, 2020
Are you absolutely sure he did this? I'm doubtful. The only reason I'm asking is because when a person drinks solvents, it causes the body to produce fluid and vomit that flood the lungs resulting in death. It will also burn the snide if your lungs which requires Emergency services. I'm guessing he just took a tiny amount, if any, and is looking for your support and some attention. There I no way if he DRANK light fluid he wouldn't need hospital intervention.
And that poor esophagus! I'm no expert, but I'd be surprised if someone could speak easily after drinking lighter fluid. Then again, people huff gasoline. What do I know?

Reactions: Emily_Numb
LLawliet

LLawliet

Am I numb, or am I dead
Mar 3, 2020
Are you absolutely sure he did this? I'm doubtful. The only reason I'm asking is because when a person drinks solvents, it causes the body to produce fluid and vomit that flood the lungs resulting in death. It will also burn the inside of your lungs which requires Emergency services. I'm guessing he just took a tiny amount, if any, and is looking for your support and some attention. There is no way if he DRANK lighter fluid he wouldn't need hospital intervention.
I don't know for a fact he did this but he said he did and I don't see a reason he would have to lie about that