D

Don'tknow123

Sep 21, 2020
I have tried to CBT numerous times, I've always failed and no one around has even noticed that I tried even after becoming ill for days after one of the attempts.

What has been your failed attempts, did anyone notice?

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin, LifeQuitter2018, NodusTollens and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You're lucky nobody's noticed!
As for me, I tried to ctb 4 times and the last one was hell. All my family found out about it and Iwas in a comma for 2 days, in hospital for 1 month, got covid there and then I was a prisoner in my parents' house and monitored 24/7.
Now, I'm finally free!

I insist, it's good nobody's noticed you tried to ctb lol.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Biggie, NodusTollens, Somage and 2 others
D

Don'tknow123

Sep 21, 2020
I knew someone would say it is good that no one is noticed, but it hurts that no one has if I am honest. Although I get exactly what you mean. However my family don't believe in mental health and would just tell me to suck it up anyway. I just feel like I am always there to help everyone else but no one helps me. Most of my friends don't take my suicide memes or talk serious anymore, they assume I'm joking or that I'll be fine tomorrow. One of our friends recently CBT successfully although it wasn't pleasant she jumped off a bridge and it really affected us all, I thought my friends would understand and be more supportive due to this but they haven't.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin, Joplin, NodusTollens and 1 other person
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I've had two failed attempts.
One involved a lot of medication but I live alone and had no one close to me that would show up. However, I did send a few delirious texts that could've sparked suspicion but thankfully didn't.
A failed partial left bad marks on my neck almost a year ago but it was actually during the beginning of the pandemic so with makeup and a homemade mask around my neck, it wasn't noticed.
Both were impulsive so I'm not surprised they failed though.

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
You're lucky nobody's noticed!
As for me, I tried to ctb 4 times and the last one was hell. All my family found out about it and Iwas in a comma for 2 days, in hospital for 1 month, got covid there and then I was a prisoner in my parents' house and monitored 24/7.
Now, I'm finally free!

I insist, it's good nobody's noticed you tried to ctb lol.

Just curious, how did they let you go free while being awere that you're suicidal ?

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Just curious, how did they let you go free while being awere that you're suicidal ?

I was in my parents' house for 6 months and behaved like a saint. My therapist and psychiatrist decided that I was "recovered" so, I could start living alone again.
I just gained their trust but was still suicidal. It was hell not having freedom. Imagine a psych ward! I was really close to go there!

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin and iwanttodie000
J

Joplin

May 2, 2021
I tried to get the courage to ctb 5 years ago with nitrogen method. It took so much planning and then I couldn't go through with it, freaking SI. Biology can be a bish sometimes.
I've also overdosed heavily on sleeping pills but partly knew I would wake up.
Recently (a month ago) before finding SS I was ignorantly thinking I can use sleeping pills, alcohol and a plastic bag. One attempt I fell asleep before pulling the bag over my head and the 2nd attempt i pulled it over, sleeping pills knocked me out but must have ripped it off from the CO2 effect later. I woke up a bag with a lot of condensation in it. I must have been close.
Nobody knew about these attempts. I just have to go to work and carry on with life. Which is nice but also pretty traumatizing. -_-
So next time more equipped with SS tools. Now to overcome SI! :/

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: gtrfvr, hahabye and RedHarlequin
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
My first attempt was when I was around 12, took a bunch of sleeping pills and got really sick for a couple of days but nobody noticed. The second attempt was around 4 years ago with partial suspension, I couldn't pass out. Didn't tell anyone, nobody noticed. I'm glad that no one noticed my suicide attempts, I was living in Eastern Europe at that time and psych wards are hell there.

endlesstime

endlesstime

Mar 22, 2021
My first attempt was when I was 15, hung myself in the garage. But the second I kicked the chair the garage door opened. It was my dad. Went to the ward for a day and faked it till they believed I was better. From there I tried hanging 3 other times but failed.

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
No idea. So many half hearted and a few serious attempts through the years. Lost count a while back. Worst was probably when I took a bunch of oxys, drank liquor and passed out. Woke up in the woods upset because it didn't work and had a devastating hangover. But was still alive, unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr
I

IHaveNoName

Jan 28, 2021
I have failed a few attempts mostly overdoses when I was younger and didn't know better sometimes I was ill for a few days but no one noticed.