A

aloyo

Dec 31, 2023
I've tried 4-5 times to ctb in the last week primarily by swb. Today was first time I really started introducing huffing a duster, and to be fair I did feel like I came the closest to ctb I've come.

However, I feel like the main thing duster does is definitely displace oxygen levels but I still feel the urge to breathe / come above water - it just comes faster (15-30 seconds instead of 90-120 seconds). I even pushed through quite far and maybe there was one try that if I had held out 5-10 seconds longer I could have done it (but SI also really started kicking in)

I imagine the best people sadly to ask are those who have died this way, but does anyone have any knowledge on what I could do differently to get over this hump?

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Huffing a duster? Is that literally breathing in dust or is this some terminology I'm too uncool to understand?

If found that holding my neck causes me to hold my breath longer, can't say it'll work, though. Swb is hard to do and I recall a thread where someone mentioned that it takes a specific type of breathing training to do well. Maybe that's the reason professionals tend to die on accident by this method more than us depressed mentally ill freaks? I wish it were more reliable as well.

I gave up on this method and found one more suitable for myself since I couldn't get it right. Try not to beat yourself up over this.

A

aloyo

Dec 31, 2023
What is your method now? Huffing duster is huffing an aerosol like keyboard wiper (duster). It has been pretty hard but it's the main method I have

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Drowning is difficult bc there will be strong SI reactions and it's almst impossible too pass out in a way like you do when you get anesthetics in a surgery. That would be the only really peaceful way to drown imo. Don't you have other options? Did you have a look in the Suicide Resource Compilation?

A

aloyo

Dec 31, 2023
I did take a look, and this was most accessible. I was hoping huffing would be somewhere close to what you described but it just made it feel really dizzy but same need for oxygen / to take a breath

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Sorry I don't have knowledge on this method but it is reported here that it is doable with a duster.

Reactions: aloyo
A

aloyo

Dec 31, 2023
Yeah I've seen that one thank you. I think I will have to do more back to back inhalations before submerging

Reactions: rozeske
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
If the gas flow from the can is too weak (so you need a lot of time to fill the lungs), there are three possible ways to cope with this issue:
  • heat the can using warm water (37 - 50 C) in order to increase the pressure of vapors inside, or
  • release the gas into a balloon and then inhale from the balloon, or
  • find a different air duster with a better flow (possibly with the help of public reviews).

P

pasho25000

Student
Jan 17, 2024
for me whatever the method si is difficult to overcome