N

Neil

Aug 30, 2020
Tried to CBT today. Partial hanging with rope over the door, attached to door handle. The rope i used was approx 6 - 7mm bondage rope. Positioned the rope just below adams apple and passed out within about 5 / 10 seconds i think, which is scary, woke up soon after with door open and me lying on the floor, not knowing where i was ???? Rope held fine, but somehow the door opened, not sure if SI kicked in and made me open the door or me thrashing around with SI thrashing has made the door come open. I am left with a red burn mark around my neck, which i will have to try and keep covered, until you cant see it, ive got a lump on the side on my head, must of hit it against the door and a very sore throat and finding it hard to swallow, its getting worse as time goes on. Next time, i will make sure the door cant open and tie my hands together as well.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: fedupsoul, Spitfire, NegativeSymptoms and 12 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Welcome to my world.
I failed twice at it.
At leas you passed out, I never got to that part.

It's a shame you wanna leave (just like me) but we're suffering so much!

Wish you the best with whatever decision you make!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gabby78, AutoTap, Spitfire and 7 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm sorry. It sounds like you were really really close to death. Usually it requires several attempts for partial hanging to work because it's definitely not an easy method. I hope you'll find peace soon if that's what you desire! Hugs! :hug::hug::heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gabby78, ReflectionOfTrauma, SpinTop555 and 5 others
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Welcome to my world.
I failed twice at it.
At leas you passed out, I never got to that part.

It's a shame you wanna leave (just like me) but we're suffering so much!

Wish you the best with whatever decision you make!
Same here. I've tried four times and backed out at around the 45 second mark because I wasn't losing consciousness and the exploding head thing made me worried that I was only going to cause possibly permanent damage without dying. My last attempts were a little over a year ago in December. I never had much pain afterward though.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and WornOutLife
D

doubtfulmayonnaise

Nov 19, 2020
Tried to CBT today. Partial hanging with rope over the door, attached to door handle. The rope i used was approx 6 - 7mm bondage rope. Positioned the rope just below adams apple and passed out within about 5 / 10 seconds i think, which is scary, woke up soon after with door open and me lying on the floor, not knowing where i was ???? Rope held fine, but somehow the door opened, not sure if SI kicked in and made me open the door or me thrashing around with SI thrashing has made the door come open. I am left with a red burn mark around my neck, which i will have to try and keep covered, until you cant see it, ive got a lump on the side on my head, must of hit it against the door and a very sore throat and finding it hard to swallow, its getting worse as time goes on. Next time, i will make sure the door cant open and tie my hands together as well.
I've had very similar experiences twice before. The complete confusion when you come round, lying on the floor, is really strange to experience. The last time I attempted I apparently nearly tore my ear off as it was bleeding heavily.

Sorry you feel like this - I know what desperation feels like.

• Hugs
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, Neil and NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
—hugs—Sorry to hear about your failed attempt, it's disheartening to wake up when you've resolved to end your life.

For myself when I try partial, I'm thinking about wearing socks to make it harder for myself to get up (wood flooring) & to lock my door so it won't accidentally open or turn the knob.

I wish you well on your next attempt.

Reactions: undertherainbow, ihatemen420 and Neil
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Tbh doors and most other things within the house tend to be a bit awkward since they often don't give you much space. When it comes to a door you're stuck leaning against it and can easily open it while you pass out. This is tricky to succeed with.

Reactions: fedupsoul and ihatemen420
wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
Same here. I've tried four times and backed out at around the 45 second mark because I wasn't losing consciousness and the exploding head thing made me worried that I was only going to cause possibly permanent damage without dying. My last attempts were a little over a year ago in December. I never had much pain afterward though.
Do you think that could happen by full suspension too? only getting the exploding head and brain damage but no death for hours or until you will be found..?

N

Neil

Aug 30, 2020
Do you think that could happen by full suspension too? only getting the exploding head and brain damage but no death for hours or until you will be found..?
I think, if it is full suspension and you know where your sweet spot for your carotid arterys ( mine is about 2cm below adams apple, near base of neck )and the rope is strong enough, you shouldnt have a problem.I have just bought a 8mm nylon braided rope ( 600KG breaking strain ) so that should be strong enough. I have been passing out, within 5/10secs with just the soles of my feet on the floor and most of my body weight on the rope. When i try full suspension, i am going to use a 3 step - step ladder, that should give me enough room in the rope to attach it to the anchor point and for me to stand on the edge of the first rung, with the rope tight, i will get the sensation of going lite headed and my lips swelling, hopefully i will be fully suspended immediately as the step ladder will move away, with SI and i will be at peace.

wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
i could not dond any sweet spot does not matter where and how strong i push. i think i have to hope that the weight do the job by dull hanging. i will try the knot position in front becausr i do not want to suffocate but if i cant pass put i will change the knot position. cant practice before i have only one try to ctb..... otherwise forever psych ward..

D

Danterno

Jan 22, 2020
Sorry to hear that! Is it not possible to lock the door?