L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Sent my family an email and text about relapsing again in depression, and how I was going to suffer another six months, as don't want to hurt them. But also, planning my funeral. Not one reply!!!

So why am I hanging around to suffer for them?! They aren't appreciating it.

I am making myself clear that I am not doing this for much longer.

Really, if they have nothing to say, why am I bothering.

• Hugs
Reactions: akrasia, Indieblue, Sensei and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
That's a tough one. Hard to comment without knowing your family. On the surface it may seem like they don't care. But it's really hard to be told something like that, most people can't cope with it well. We want to think they'll be instantly supportive but it often isn't that easy for them even if they do care.

Reactions: Sensei, flower and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
my brother replied. and my mum. I know it's extra hard on them. My dad and his wife didn't reply. I am staying with them at the moment. They are nice, but very judgemental about my choices around medication, while also my dad will say he is "not interested." Given that all these medications have side effects, this leads to me feeling not adequately cared for. They also expect me to be independent, when actually I have been bedridden for days in the past year and unable to feed or cook for myself. I don't blame them - they just really don't understand how bad it is or how limited and scary my choices are. They want me to see a psychiatrist (which I am doing again), but last time I saw a psychiatrist, the medication which I tried for 3 months did not help me. I am going to get a second opinion and a new prescription this week. But I am swiftly losing hope as I have tried so many things.

I told them I feel really alone in choosing medication, as it is all hit and miss and the side effects are scary. I said I'd like them to read the side effects. I can only say this by email, because in person they don't want to talk about it. So I am alone with that, and as I said to them, alone with choosing when to die, as euthanasia is not an acceptable option. I said that if my dog was suffering every day, I would choose to put her down with love and kindness for her. This is the same option I want for myself. I said I am writing my funeral wishes.

Anyway, they haven't replied to any of it. But at least I have siad it. I have said I can possibly suffer six months more of constant suicidal thoughts and agitation , as I don't want to hurt people, but I am getting to my wits end. I've been saying this now for over a year - that I am not sure how much more suffering I want to endure. I am trying to stay here for them, but I need them to know that it is torture every day and I am not doing it indefinitely.

Thank you @Underscore for your wisdom and kindness and thoughts. And love your name!

• Hugs
Reactions: Indieblue
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Can I ask why you are bed bound? I am. Maybe I can give you some pointers... and I live alone.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
thanks @Jean4 for me it is only depression that keeps me in bed, a lack of motivation. I'm not entirely bedbound at the moment, but the depression is coming back so it might well be coming again. My dad did suggest I got a kettle for my room, so I can make myself tea. Which I guess is a good idea. and some crackers or something.
I would appreciate some pointers for sure. thank you

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
thanks @Jean4 for me it is only depression that keeps me in bed, a lack of motivation. I'm not entirely bedbound at the moment, but the depression is coming back so it might well be coming again. My dad did suggest I got a kettle for my room, so I can make myself tea. Which I guess is a good idea. and some crackers or something.
I would appreciate some pointers for sure. thank you
Suggestion
I have a microwave, coffee maker, mini fridge and freezer in my bedroom.

Tuna packets, protein bars, jerky and other foods do not require refrigeration. Use plastic spoons and forks, and disposable cups.

• Love
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, LittleJem and one4all
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Sent my family an email and text about relapsing again in depression, and how I was going to suffer another six months, as don't want to hurt them. But also, planning my funeral. Not one reply!!!

So why am I hanging around to suffer for them?! They aren't appreciating it.

I am making myself clear that I am not doing this for much longer.

Really, if they have nothing to say, why am I bothering.

I'm sorta going through a similar situation. Also wondering why bother to stick around?

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem