F

fire12362

Student
Dec 10, 2023
I ordered SN from MDS. Now I'm being informed that people have gotten welfare checks after ordering from MDS?!?!!?!! What's the story with that?!? What are the chances of receiving a welfare check if I'm living in the US? What if customs see it?!!?!? My body is shaking and I can't sleep!

• Hugs
Reactions: pole
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
I've never heard of anyone getting a welfare check in the us for sn. I think you'll be okay.

S

Starz

Jan 24, 2020
Can you message me the link to MDS please?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Deny all knowledge and tell them to leave you alone.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Do you live with other people? I had a welfare check in the UK and I was actually reasonably honest about my long-term intentions. It wasn't nice- obviously but- they eventually left me in peace and didn't confiscate the SN. It's going to depend entirely on who you get though I suspect. Still- seeing as I didn't present as someone who was about to take my own life, I think they felt ok to leave. It would depend on who you got I imagine though. Also- maybe whether you are on their radar over other mental illness and self harm concerns. Just try to stay calm whatever.

It may not happen. It was mainly people who bought from IC that got the checks, although- I suppose they are more wary of it now. The whole business with IC happened because they got the names and addresses through that company I imagine- when they arrested Kenneth Law. I'm not so sure customs is on the look out for it and alerting the police. It does look like some people have had checks with that supplier though- have you used the search tool? Put in MDS welfare check... Maybe PM those people to try and find out more.

Thing is- there's nothing you can do now. Whatever will happen will happen. When I started to see the welfare checks being reported on IC, I started to get anxious. Then, a dreaded Saturday, I saw their fluorescent jackets through the glass and thought- 'oh shit.' Really though- they're just people doing a job. Maybe decide on your strategy if/ before they arrive so you can try and stay calm. Some people have done well just denying all knowledge or saying they threw it away. I'm a crap liar though! I'm sorry. I know how stressful/ upsetting it is.

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Do you live with other people? I had a welfare check in the UK and I was actually reasonably honest about my long-term intentions. It wasn't nice- obviously but- they eventually left me in peace and didn't confiscate the SN. It's going to depend entirely on who you get though I suspect. Still- seeing as I didn't present as someone who was about to take my own life, I think they felt ok to leave. It would depend on who you got I imagine though. Also- maybe whether you are on their radar over other mental illness and self harm concerns. Just try to stay calm whatever.

It may not happen. It was mainly people who bought from IC that got the checks, although- I suppose they are more wary of it now. The whole business with IC happened because they got the names and addresses through that company I imagine- when they arrested Kenneth Law. I'm not so sure customs is on the look out for it and alerting the police. It does look like some people have had checks with that supplier though- have you used the search tool? Put in MDS welfare check... Maybe PM those people to try and find out more.

Thing is- there's nothing you can do now. Whatever will happen will happen. When I started to see the welfare checks being reported on IC, I started to get anxious. Then, a dreaded Saturday, I saw their fluorescent jackets through the glass and thought- 'oh shit.' Really though- they're just people doing a job. Maybe decide on your strategy if/ before they arrive so you can try and stay calm. Some people have done well just denying all knowledge or saying they threw it away. I'm a crap liar though! I'm sorry. I know how stressful/ upsetting it is.
'Reasonably honest': did you tell them you intend to CTB with it. If so, I'm amazed they didn't confiscate the SN; I thought that was the whole purpose of these checks!

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I ordered SN from MDS. Now I'm being informed that people have gotten welfare checks after ordering from MDS?!?!!?!! What's the story with that?!? What are the chances of receiving a welfare check if I'm living in the US? What if customs see it?!!?!? My body is shaking and I can't sleep!
Order from MDS a month ago. No welfare check, hell no sn either. I felt the same as you did when I first ordered but it went away with a night of rest.

What's your living situation if you don't mind me asking? Maybe we can help with that in mind.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
'Reasonably honest': did you tell them you intend to CTB with it. If so, I'm amazed they didn't confiscate the SN; I thought that was the whole purpose of these checks!

I said I bought it for older age- if I came down with a debhilitating illness. I don't want to end up in a nursing home. I've seen what they're like. (Which is true- I would use it to avoid that.) They couldn't really argue with that. They weren't happy leaving it- of course. They did keep saying they could take it and get rid of it for me but I just said- 'I'd rather keep it.' They wanted me to fill in some questionnaire that I thought could get me in to trouble- so I said I'd rather not but I agreed to be put in touch with a helpline (so they could tick their boxes.) Then, they felt happier leaving. I was lucky though- they were reasonable and not too pushy. Neither was I though- I met them half way. I certainly wished I'd just lied at some points though!

The helpline by the way were much worse. One lady was nice but then someone else rang back and they were full of guilt trips and veiled threats- 'Think of what it would do to your family.' (That's what I've been thinking about the past 33 years- hence- I'm still stuck here.) '...And of course- there's the matter of mental competency.' I was like- holy shit- there not going to try and section me are they?!! I'd prefer to talk to the police officers any day of the week than whoever that woman was.

A detective also got in touch later but she was really nice. Those IC welfare checks though I think were far more about international police cooperation with Canada to try and pin more charges on Kenneth Law.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
F

fire12362

Student
Dec 10, 2023
Order from MDS a month ago. No welfare check, hell no sn either. I felt the same as you did when I first ordered but it went away with a night of rest.

What's your living situation if you don't mind me asking? Maybe we can help with that in mind.
I live by myself in an apartment.

SecretDissociation

SecretDissociation

Suicide enthusiast
Sep 11, 2022
Would it be possible for the MDS source to be pm'd to me? Sorry for asking.

Also I am sure it is okay. Worst comes to worse they do a welfare check and you just have to say that you are fine to tick the boxes and satisfy them. As you live alone it also probably won't arouse any suspicions. Maybe your friends could vouch for you? My plan for a welfare check would be to lie and say it is for curing meats and hopefully they will leave you alone. <3

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I live by myself in an apartment.
Oh then just don't let them in, you aren't legally required to open the door for them. You have the right to remain silent.

Reactions: _Broken_alice
CocoToxBase

CocoToxBase

Experienced
Jan 8, 2024
Can someone pm me the link for mds sn