BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
Dec 11, 2020
Have any of you guys ever dealt with or know people in your life that are horrible people but are able to mask it behind the scenes and only lets it slip to those they see as inferior or those who can't defend themselves.

A family member presents themselves to the world as compassionate, caring, kind, funny, sassy and charming. And most people appear to like her very much. Behind the scenes though she was a ruthless, scheming, cynical and horrifying person who pretty much uses people, always picking a fight with others, pathologically lies about every little thing and is very manipulative. Yet they are capable of fooling others that their not. Even when I say so.

So any of you guys ever encounter people like this in your lives or at least in the workplace.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, TooConscious, Brink and 2 others
strangeceleste

strangeceleste

Don’t believe everything you think
Mar 2, 2021
Oh sweet, I know it's not easy to be around people like that. Sounds like a couple of my family members, and I often worry I am that way as well, which has resulted in deep self-loathing. I guess the difference is I'm a lot more self-aware and trying to work on the behaviours I've picked up. The same things they criticise me for now are the things I grew up observing in private but they will reject any suggestion that they do the same things to a much stronger degree. It's like talking to a gaslighting brick wall. It can be really complicated, but I found reducing contact was better for my sanity. Sending hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't think I'm "horrible" but I am a "freak" (otaku, gamer, etc) and I can mask my behaviour pretty easy in front of others.
Let's just say that I'm really good at pretending.
Nobody could ever imagine I suicidal. My students think I love life lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and Brink
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Yes my father was like that. A nice old man to people outside but indoors a complete piece of shit to my mother and me.

• Aww..
Reactions: demuic, Brink and lofticries
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I know people in denial or oblivious dopamine filled sheeple will say I'm wrong but this is about a quarter of all people these days, most people have allowed themselves to fall so low through selfishness that they can only feel motivated by seeing others suffer, so they do everything they can to wreak havoc with peoples well being.
If they aren't outright insulting you, guarentee they are spreading rumours behind your back to bring you down.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Journeytoletgo
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Have any of you guys ever dealt with or know people in your life that are horrible people but are able to mask it behind the scenes and only lets it slip to those they see as inferior or those who can't defend themselves.

A family member presents themselves to the world as compassionate, caring, kind, funny, sassy and charming. And most people appear to like her very much. Behind the scenes though she was a ruthless, scheming, cynical and horrifying person who pretty much uses people, always picking a fight with others, pathologically lies about every little thing and is very manipulative. Yet they are capable of fooling others that their not. Even when I say so.

So any of you guys ever encounter people like this in your lives or at least in the workplace.
Yes, that describes my narcissistic sister.

I despise narcissists and other people who masquerade as wolves in sheep's clothing.

Reactions: newave3 and TooConscious
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Honestly, I feel like the only real solution is to avoid as much as you can and wait for everyone else to catch up. Sometimes, you're pleasantly surprised, and the dipshit is eventually found out. Most of the time, you merely spare yourself some pain while others remain none the wiser.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I masked the shit out of my behavior at one of my old jobs. People thought I was bubbly, charismatic, and confident when in fact I was just double( triple?) dosing on my Adderall and drinking venti sized coffees with 5hr energy shots. A miracle or should I say shame I didn't die from a heart attack.

lol relatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celerity
E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Jun 2, 2021
i just watched a couple documentaries on ed gein...dood i realized theres a little ed gein in most people i come across. he was off, tho. not BAD. whats fucked up is that i totally see it most in myself

Last edited: