N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have watched a lot of Youtubers with horrible lives. I once experienced that one of these Youtubers died due to cancer. His name was PeeWeeToms. I could imagine he did not have such a positive stance on assisted suicide. But maybe that is just too much speculation. His death happened 3 years ago. I can remember it it made me quite sad. I am not sure if I watched all videos to that time. But I was struggling with major depression to that time. My desire to die was very very strong. And then I watched his videos. His desire to live on was probably equivalent to my wish to die. I tried to inspire me with his videos. He fought so hard to live on. I was quite the opposite to that time. I was close to rock bottom.
To add one thing. I think I started to watch the videos when his chances of survival were pretty low. Maybe it would have been even harder for me to watch the videos if I was not prepared for what was happening. And by the way. I think I read abusive Youtube comments in his comments. I am not sure but I think some people made jokes about his death or questioned his illness. I absolutely despise behavior like that.

His family and wife were pretty strong. I was kind of fascinated by his mom. She seemed to me such a strong person. I think PeeWeeToms tried to escape reality a lot. He tried to be positive despite the odds very very bad. I found that kind of admirable. I think his mom was more realistic and could see it coming way earlier. Really his mom left a very impressing impression to me. How can a parent be that strong watching her son dying of cancer? His last videos in the hospice care sounded extremely scary. I am scared to ever experience something like that. Some people in my family had cancer. I am scared to get it too.

I also watched some other YouTubers who showed their journey with bipolar or schizophrenia. The dude with bipolar has quite a nightmarish life. His story (bullying and child abuse) resembled my story. He even survived some (serious) suicide attempts. I think he overcame his suicidality at least partly. I think he is convinced to live on despite very severe mental illness. Honestly I doubt that I could be as strong as him. He has developed an intensive love for animals. I think sone people in this forum did the same. For me personally animals are not that important. But I think many people consider them more peaceful as humans. I think especially people with bullying or abuse experience have this notion.

Then there was the right-to-die activist Adam Maier Clayton. I think he was member of sanctioned suicide when it was on reddit. Some people have told me that I was really surprised. He was convinced life is really a unique and awesome experience for most people. That it is important to fight to live on. Someone told me he was against the right to die for mentally ill people. I was quite disappointed about that. But I think his engagement for suffering people and the right-to-die movement was impressing. There were for example some interviews with English media. Yeah you can find a lot despicable and inhuman comments in the comments of his video. I read disgusting comments. People doubted the treatment resistance of his illness. These people are so arrogant and just pretend shit without having full knowledge. And AMC fought against these people when he was alive despite his extreme psychosomatic pain. And I read people wishing him an awful torture in hell. Yeah this is why I ususally don't talk on other websites about my suicidality. I want to avoid such hurtful comments. (which I received on other platforms)

Have you ever made a similar experience? It can be quite impactful.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ringo, lofticries, absolute and 2 others
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
one of the "rules" I personally follow when navigating the internet is: Don't Read The Comments

I even have an extension installed on my Brave browser, to always keep comments hidden.

I think it's needless to say that at this point, but those comments can trigger pretty bad things in our body and mind. cortisol spikes can ruin your sleep. then ruin your day. it's not worth it. it's just not.

"The world is a terrible place."
I love that quote. because it certainly is.

humans are the cruelest animal.

"Because of his 'divine spiritual and intellectual development', [man] has become the most vicious animal of all!" (Anton Szandor LaVey)

but now about your main question, does anybody here know Nikocado Avocado? he is basically killing himself. it's not literally suicide, but it's pretty close to that. he makes mukbangs videos, overeats massive amounts of junk food, reached 400 pounds and is, according to him, "on his way to 500". for me, this is a form of killing yourself without killing yourself. the outcome is similar, the person dies. a lot of people who know Nikocado say that he probably won't reach his 40s (he is 31 now).

Last edited:
Reactions: waitingforrest
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
but now about your main question, does anybody here know Nikocado Avocado? he is basically killing himself. it's not literally suicide, but it's pretty close to that. he makes mukbangs videos, overeats massive amounts of junk food, reached 400 pounds and is, according to him, "on his way to 500". for me, this is a form of killing yourself without killing yourself. the outcome is similar, the person dies. a lot of people who know Nikocado say that he probably won't reach his 40s (he is 31 now).
His case only highlights how rotten the society is where it won't allow a sane individual to decide on terminating their own life, but will allow another person literally eat themselves to death for the entertainment of others. I actually stumbled upon his videos back in 2016 when he was fresh off the vegan diet. I was never following him passionately and even back in his "thin days" he was annoying and pathetic enough, but I guess the food channel threw him in some sort of food addiction.

• Aww..
Reactions: kittykrying, MountainMonkey and waitingforrest
FML_

FML_

Jun 26, 2022
The only youtuber who really made an impact on my life is a guy called Etika. He killed himself after making a series of poor decisions which led to him basically destroying his following, all because social media kept driving him to do increasingly wild things. It really shows how far social media and hate culture can make you go... So many people have thrown their life away due to the pressure.

• Aww..
Reactions: user_name_here and waitingforrest
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There are a lot of youtubers who are having a lot of success- making a lot of money, doing a lot of donations for others, and having fun- channels that do this include BigDawsTv, ThatWasEpic, MrBeast, and quite a few others. People in their twenties becoming multi-millionaires while making impressive donations to those in need- free cars, sometimes free houses, paying their rent, randomly giving them $1000 or $2000 or a free new iphone or a laptop or whatever- for a lot of youtubers things have turned out very well.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The only youtuber who really made an impact on my life is a guy called Etika. He killed himself after making a series of poor decisions which led to him basically destroying his following, all because social media kept driving him to do increasingly wild things. It really shows how far social media and hate culture can make you go... So many people have thrown their life away due to the pressure.
But I think the fact that he probably had a psychotic episode influenced him too. I cannot remember everything but I think it was quite clear he was delsuional/psychotic. (I am myself have this condition too)

Reactions: GrumpyFrog and waitingforrest
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
I rarely connect with YouTube personalities, but there's this one guy I find really interesting and sympathetic. His channel features mostly "Lets Play" videos, but he often talks very candidly about his struggles with mental illness, regret, and lack of direction in life. I can relate to a lot of what he says. I know he's attempted to ctb in the past and also suffers from other illnesses. His mental state seems to be deteriorating lately, and he's openly talking about suicide on Twitter. It's an eerie contrast to his YT videos. I feel really sorry for the guy; I feel like we could have been friends in "real life."

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, waitingforrest and Someone123
Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
Apollo Legend took his life because he couldn't handle the pain of living with scoliosis. I still think about his final video. It was a little haunting.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
A very Popular Minecraft Youtuber named "Technoblade" just died from Stage 4 Cancer at age 23. He left behind a Loving Family, a huge Community and millions of supporters and fans. I never really watched his content much but even I started crying a little at the news of his passing. Dude had a very prominent future ahead of him and now it's all gone.

• Aww..
Reactions: kittykrying
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I remember Peeweetoms. He had a lot of life to him. It's very sad when someone who wants more time dies young. I'm glad he had his love with him. I hope she is doing okay.

Adam was on reddit. I don't remember him being difficult about right to die on the subreddit. Maybe he was, I just remember him telling his story of pain and the public advocacy he did. He wrote an article called "As a person with mental illness, here's why I support medically assisted death".

The only youtuber death that caught me off guard was Christina Grimmie being shot to death. I still feel sad about her when I think of it. She was very full of life too, a sincerely nice person, and about to live out her dreams in music.

Last edited:
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I rarely connect with YouTube personalities, but there's this one guy I find really interesting and sympathetic. His channel features mostly "Lets Play" videos, but he often talks very candidly about his struggles with mental illness, regret, and lack of direction in life. I can relate to a lot of what he says. I know he's attempted to ctb in the past and also suffers from other illnesses. His mental state seems to be deteriorating lately, and he's openly talking about suicide on Twitter. It's an eerie contrast to his YT videos. I feel really sorry for the guy; I feel like we could have been friends in "real life."
Who is the YouTuber?

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
"Good Old Days Gaming." Based on his latest videos, he seems to be doing better now. I hope so.
I think I've seen him around before. He seems like a good guy, I'm glad he's doing better.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I was quite saddened by the death of Angry Grandpa. His videos were totally staged (for the most part) but he and his son had a great love for each other (even though in the gags they didn't get along).