• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
I haven't studied how or when euthanasia has become adopted around the world so far. But I'm curious. Mainly about the future.

From what I do know, euthanasia has been adopted more over time. And that seems to imply a trend that will continue?

It makes me wonder when it might get adopted in the UK. How long until the whole world adopts it, if ever? Will accepted reasons for euthanasia keep getting expanded, like how in Canada, first it was terminal illnesses, then incurable physical diseases, now incurable mental health problems too, and in the pipeline, potentially even fir people in poverty?

What do you guys predict? Which countries? What timeliness? For which afflictions?

Maybe this is just a phase? Maybe before euthanasia is widespread, we'll go through a phase of it being abolished and go backwards??

What leads to a country adopting euthanasia, anyway? Is it related to the decline of relugions, perhaps due to improvements in education?

Reactions: Forever Sleep
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I'm in scotland and we have a dignity in Dying thing going on. If we can break away from the United Kingdom then we could have it. I know the Isle of Man, Jersey and Gurnsey are trying too. Whether UK politics will accept this, is another matter. More famous faves are joining the campaign
Holland is very open and I feel more states in America will be open to it.

BUT no one should have to pay thousands of pounds for a tiny bottle of liquid.
This was my go to method before coming here. No more.

• Hugs
Reactions: aGoodDayToDie and LoiteringClouds
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I know the Isle of Man, Jersey and Gurnsey are trying too.
They are crown dependencies and tax heavens for foreigners (which I consider good!) Dunno whether they would open up as "euthanasia heavens" for everyone after becoming independent?

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I
They are crown dependencies and tax heavens for foreigners (which I consider good!) Dunno whether they would open up as "euthanasia heavens" for everyone after becoming independent?
honestly don't know. I hope they do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I reckon the UK will bring it in. We usually follow where America leads. But for a long time, I reckon it will be only for terminal/chronic illness.

Kind of a depressing thought in a way. We would still have to keep going, keep paying our taxes till things are utterly dire and multiple doctors can't think of any more stuff to try on us. I don't fancy waiting that long.

Reactions: aGoodDayToDie
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I reckon the UK will bring it in. We usually follow where America leads. But for a long time, I reckon it will be only for terminal/chronic illness.

Kind of a depressing thought in a way. We would still have to keep going, keep paying our taxes till things are utterly dire and multiple doctors can't think of any more stuff to try on us. I don't fancy waiting that long.
With no known cures for cancer they have to introduce something like this to stop the pain.

• Love
Reactions: aGoodDayToDie and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I doubt it will be as the UK is such an anti-suicide country where people are obsessed with prolonging the suffering of others and of course the society needs slaves which is why there's so much brainwashing to try and make people believe wanting suicide is "irrational". It's very unacceptable how it's not already legalised everywhere for all, this world truly is such an evil, hellish place.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I think if it really becomes a practical process it will be due to lack of resources for the number of people in a nation. Less people = more property to acquire and less competition, aided by the ability to move up economically growing more difficult. Basically a medieval type world where a few run the show (openly not illuminati kind of thing) and too many of the lower classes create problems. Keep enough to man the machines, wack the rest. Nothing beats a system where the ones you want to be rid of see the means of their elimination as a desired thing. It will take a while before euthanasia is accepted in the US on a national scale, and probably not before I go naturally or otherwise, but if we keep tracking it'll happen.

Conspiracy hat on: Ask why policies are being put in place to make basic existence more difficult and even seeing the results nothing gets changed? Not aiming for pie-in-the-sky utopianism but basic stuff that in the 21st century should be a given and really look like pipe dreams.

Reactions: Relic and aGoodDayToDie
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
I doubt it will be as the UK is such an anti-suicide country where people are obsessed with prolonging the suffering of others and of course the society needs slaves which is why there's so much brainwashing to try and make people believe wanting suicide is "irrational". It's very unacceptable how it's not already legalised everywhere for all, this world truly is such an evil, hellish place.
It's just the stiff upper lip the British have. We're expected to be strong, put up with shit and be there for others. But I ask: where tf is everybody then