• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SoDead

SoDead

Nov 2, 2021
I am somewhat paranoid about risks of failure when trying to terminate my life. It is especially scary to survive with some severe damage to my organism which will not allow to try it another time and will force me into years of suffering.

And unfortunately popular peaceful methods often do not seem 100% reliable. If for example I choose Exit Bag, there may be convulsions which can break this device. May be probability of that is rather low, but it still worries me.

I try to think up ways to fix this. Today it came to my mind, perhaps as a half joke, that Exit Bag can be replaced with Exit Grave. If I have a "grave" filled with some gas significantly heavier than air (perhaps one of those relatively inert and nontoxic refrigerants used in air conditioners, or sulfur hexafluoride), it would be very hard to break it in an unconscious state, or to rise from this "grave" somehow when my brain is already seriously damaged. It would not need to be airtight either, some cover at the top should be enough to prevent the heavy gas from leaving for a long time (leak through the soil seems unlikely). Maintaining constant flow of gas for prolonged time to wash away CO2 should not be a concern either, provided the "grave" has a volume of a few cubic meters, since CO2 concentration will build up rather slow due to breathing and also, if CO2 is lighter than the used gas, it may flow away on its own. No need in any tubes, no need in a tight face mask, etc, just lie in a grave and die with comfort.

So, while harder to construct, this low tech device looks as failproof as possible to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I am somewhat paranoid about risks of failure when trying to terminate my life. It is especially scary to survive with some severe damage to my organism which will not allow to try it another time and will force me into years of suffering.

And unfortunately popular peaceful methods often do not seem 100% reliable. If for example I choose Exit Bag, there may be convulsions which can break this device. May be probability of that is rather low, but it still worries me.

I try to think up ways to fix this. Today it came to my mind, perhaps as a half joke, that Exit Bag can be replaced with Exit Grave. If I have a "grave" filled with some gas significantly heavier than air (perhaps one of those relatively inert and nontoxic refrigerants used in air conditioners, or sulfur hexafluoride), it would be very hard to break it in an unconscious state, or to rise from this "grave" somehow when my brain is already seriously damaged. It would not need to be airtight either, some cover at the top should be enough to prevent the heavy gas from leaving for a long time (leak through the soil seems unlikely). Maintaining constant flow of gas for prolonged time to wash away CO2 should not be a concern either, provided the "grave" has a volume of a few cubic meters, since CO2 concentration will build up rather slow due to breathing and also, if CO2 is lighter than the used gas, it may flow away on its own. No need in any tubes, no need in a tight face mask, etc, just lie in a grave and die with comfort.

So, while harder to construct, this low tech device looks as failproof as possible to me.
That might work if you have the energy. skills, and location to do something like this. I would be somewhat concerned about how air currents might affect this if not airtight. I definitely think concerns about the exit bag ripping are valid- there are many reports of this happening, or at least of the seal being broken. You would need to be certain that whatewver gas was use3d is heavier than any other gases around, I think- it would take a lot more expertise than I have to do this, but it souunds like it could work.

Reactions: SoDead
SoDead

SoDead

Nov 2, 2021
By the way, it appears sulfur hexafluoride has an interesting property which can make it even more peaceful: "Sulfur hexafluoride has an anesthetic potency slightly lower than nitrous oxide; it is classified as a mild anesthetic."​

Mashedout

Mashedout

Student
Nov 25, 2020
Is there any data of people dying peacefully from any of these heavy gasses?

SoDead

SoDead

Nov 2, 2021
Is there any data of people dying peacefully from any of these heavy gasses?

Accidents happen regularly when people go down to some well, lose consciousness and die because some heavier than air gas accumulated there. Sometimes other people see it, try to rescue the victim and die too as a result: https://www.oneindia.com/india/well...d-while-cleaning-a-well-in-thane-2802117.html

I doubt it is so important which gas replaces air, as long as it does not contain oxygen and is not irritating. If it is not important whether you use nitrogen, helium or argon, why other gases should not be fine?

Reactions: Mashedout
H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
Accidents happen regularly when people go down to some well, lose consciousness and die because some heavier than air gas accumulated there. Sometimes other people see it, try to rescue the victim and die too as a result: https://www.oneindia.com/india/well...d-while-cleaning-a-well-in-thane-2802117.html

I doubt it is so important which gas replaces air, as long as it does not contain oxygen and is not irritating. If it is not important whether you use nitrogen, helium or argon, why other gases should not be fine?
What about CO2? It has anesthetic effects at conc above 10% and is easily lethal at above 30% .

SoDead

SoDead

Nov 2, 2021
What about CO2? It has anesthetic effects at conc above 10% and is easily lethal at above 30% .

I tried inhaling it. Unfortunately it was irritating to me and caused some discomfort, so I was unable to lose consciousness peacefully.

H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
I tried inhaling it. Unfortunately it was irritating to me and caused some discomfort, so I was unable to lose consciousness peacefully.
How bad irritation was? I doubt its too bad to overcome.