• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

numbed one

Student
May 22, 2023
Hey , i wonder why people dont talk about Exit bag and nitrogen as a peacefull method , IS it because people can't get nitrogen ?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I can speak for myself only here, as peaceful as this method may be.

I don't have the financial means to buy all that stuff needed, it also needs some technical know how / tools and I doubt I would be able to press the button wearing the exit bag (EEBD hood, SCBA mask) over my head.

I really would prefer just dying in my bed without a lot of tech stuff needed around my head and expensive preparations.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Exit bag method itself is very expensive and no one would give a random person without a license a cylinder of inert gas. Preparation is also complicated, buying everything needed, at least. Setting things up may not seem straightforward in the guides, which also keeps them from using this method.
I have also seen stories of people panicking and pulling the bag off of their head, once the gas began to flow.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Exit bag method itself is very expensive and no one would give a random person without a license a cylinder of inert gas. Preparation is also complicated, buying everything needed, at least. Setting things up may not seem straightforward in the guides, which also keeps them from using this method.
I have also seen stories of people panicking and pulling the bag off of their head, once the gas began to flow.
We can buy Nitrogen cylinders in the UK for welding, food grade or car use. I could also buy guaranteed pure helium but lean towards Nitrogen anyway.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: アホペンギン
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023

If you're using a gas regulator and a cylinder with an exit bag, it would cost about ~€220 -€300(euros). (cylinder (depending on size) ~€100 to €200; regulator ~€100; oxygen tube to go from the bag to the regulator ~15.)

I have never heard of anyone being asked to produce a licence, I certainly wasn't. Nitrogen is used in beer brewing, welding, etc.
The difficulty some people have is getting the inert gas cylinder delivered to their home. Some companies only deliver to a trade address. Some companies only do collection at their premises.

As regards difficulty of putting the setup together, I can see why it puts some people off, but it's not as difficult as it first seems.

Yeah, I ripped off a rescue hood the one time I tried to ctb via nitrogen, but that's more to do with s.i., than anything else. But I can see why some people would prefer to use a different method, rather than have a bag or hood on their head.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I have never heard of anyone being asked to produce a licence, I certainly wasn't. Nitrogen is used in beer brewing, welding, etc.
I was actually asked to provide a license by all the suppliers I have spoken to, when I was considering an inert gas method for myself. Even with those excuses like brewing beer, welding, etc. I still couldn't manage to convince them to sell it to me at all.

lifelite

lifelite

Dec 8, 2023
License is not needed. Cylinders can even be delivered home.
But they are somewhat more expensive that other methods indeed.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i know for me personally, the expenses are too high. i know the set-up is difficult but i could possibly manage. i also had trouble being able to purchase the supplies, i live with others and hiding huge nitrogen cylinders is near impossible. i couldn't find pure enough helium anywhere, and it's the same situation with trying to hide it.
although peaceful and reliable, i was soon to find that this method just isn't in the cards for me.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
License is not needed. Cylinders can even be delivered home.
I have been asked for a license by many suppliers.
I'm not sure if it's just the suppliers that I've referred to or it's something else.

lifelite

lifelite

Dec 8, 2023
I have been asked for a license by many suppliers.
I'm not sure if it's just the suppliers that I've referred to or it's something else.
super strange. I can order one and even have it delivered to my home.
hopefully it's just the suppliers!

Reactions: Lost in a Dream