kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
edit: just bought welding argon (hoping it's pure enough!), thanks for helping (:

hey all, i think i may have found my method! i looked into the exit bag, and as long as the helium i plan on ordering is pure enough, then i'm in luck (:

(sorry if this didn't need to be a new thread, but i haven't yet found an answer to my questions)

a few questions, though:
the helium i can buy is from Unique Party, product no. 80016. i know that Balloon Time now uses a mix of helium and oxygen so it isn't suitable for an exit bag, but does anyone know if Unique Party has also done this? i checked their website and didn't see any mentions of it being impure, but i don't want to waste my money on something that wont work.

also, while i've found one tutorial for the set-up, could anyone link me to others? i'd like to find the easiest/most suitable set-up. thank you in advance (:

Last edited:
Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
Same I'm also considering exit bag as an ideal way for me to go. However, I'm concerned more about the bag/device than gas itself. As for the latter, there're many gas factories in my place. I'm thinking about getting argon or nitrogen if possible; otherwise I'll try to get helium. As for the former, however, I'm doubting about the effectivity of the whole device, in particular the air tightness, because I've seen on SS a couple of users saying that they failed with exit bag method because external oxygen entered their exit bags during the process.

Reactions: Remark and kinzokukae
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
All party store helium should be regulated now so deaths don't happen.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
hey all, i think i may have found my method! i looked into the exit bag, and as long as the helium i plan on ordering is pure enough, then i'm in luck (:

(sorry if this didn't need to be a new thread, but i haven't yet found an answer to my questions)

a few questions, though:
the helium i can buy is from Unique Party, product no. 80016. i know that Balloon Time now uses a mix of helium and oxygen so it isn't suitable for an exit bag, but does anyone know if Unique Party has also done this? i checked their website and didn't see any mentions of it being impure, but i don't want to waste my money on something that wont work.

also, while i've found one tutorial for the set-up, could anyone link me to others? i'd like to find the easiest/most suitable set-up. thank you in advance (:
I personally would not trust any party balloon helium to not be mixed with up to 20% air, and so would stick with either welding gas or possibly food grade nitrogen if that is easier to obtain. Even if they don't say it's mixed with air, it makes economic sense for the balloon supplier to do so, since all the customers care about is that the balloons float. Either of those other sources should be able to tell you how pure it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: kinzokukae
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
It seems to be hard to get helium from gas companies though
In the US, filled cylinders of helium and argon are available online from the company abbreviated WS. The OP says he's in the UK, and although I don't have any first-hand knowledge, I have seen some others post that they bought welding inert gas there.

Reactions: kinzokukae
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
In the US, filled cylinders of helium and argon are available online from the company abbreviated WS. The OP says he's in the UK, and although I don't have any first-hand knowledge, I have seen some others post that they bought welding inert gas there.

thank you! i am (a she) in the uk, and i just googled welding nitrogen and found a supplier without oxygen, will look into that instead (:

update: just ordered welding argon! couldn't find any explicit info stating its purity but i'll take my chances, and if it's not pure enough then it was just a waste of some money and time

Last edited:
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling and Incorrigible77777
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
edit: just bought welding argon (hoping it's pure enough!), thanks for helping (:

a few questions, though:

I wrote a post re the set-up. Link follows: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-appeal-of-the-exit-bag.43661/#post-793626