• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
Hello peeps!

Long story short, I would like to soon end my psychological misery and so far the exit bag method with helium seems the most appealing.

I am not very good at constructing things but have a problem with perfectionism - always need to know I'm doing things the right way. Therefore, I was wondering if there are any people from the NL (or anywhere within the shipping vicinity, e.g. Germany) who already found deets on the equipment necessary - where and what exactly to get. I know it's all technically mentioned in the books etc, but I would like to have direct links/names of the shops. Just want to make sure I do it right the first time, I'm sure y'all get that.

Would be really glad if you could share the info (make sure you do that via PM not to break the rules)! Thanks :heart:

EDIT: Also very interested to hear if anyone has recently ordered N to Europe! (The possibility of acquiring it and just taking a "magic drink" to die is making me feel like I have butterflies in my stomach. :hihi: I have been dreaming about that for so long!!! Anybody else feel that way?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadow_Walkerr95
frees

frees

swoosh
Sep 6, 2019
You can PM me. (Can't send you a PM yet, maybe you need to be a member one more day or whatever the exact reqs are)

Reactions: Emerald
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
You can PM me. (Can't send you a PM yet, maybe you need to be a member one more day or whatever the exact reqs are)
Perhaps you could try PMing me now? Due to some settings, I cannot open your profile

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I Wonder how can i secure the Exit bag more strongly that just a Rubber band though
Helium or nitrogen sounds doable.
Or N with a bag.

hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
I Wonder how can i secure the Exit bag more strongly that just a Rubber band though
Helium or nitrogen sounds doable.
Or N with a bag.
As far as I've read, you don't want it to be secured too tight or otherwise the co2 won't be able to be removed. So rubber band should be fine
I think you probably do not need a bag with N, it's lethal in itself

Reactions: spanishguy22
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I haven't purchased any N yet because I wasn't able to receive confirmation of people in EU actually getting it recently. So I am just looking for that confirmation (in addition to exit bag tips, still exploring my options).
Lol sorry, I don't know how this happened but I was replying to a completely different thread! Deleting my post now. Sorry for the confusion. I'm an idiot, apparently.

Reactions: hahabye
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
Lol sorry, I don't know how this happened but I was replying to a completely different thread! Deleting my post now. Sorry for the confusion. I'm an idiot, apparently.
:haha: no problem, happens! Funny how your reply almost still made sense in this thread

WilliamKline

WilliamKline

Flâneur
Sep 16, 2019
Another Dutchie here, have been lurking around here for some time now, saw this thread and since the exit bag is also my preferred method I'd be very interested in the info you could provide @frees :) I'll work on my 5 posts and send you a PM

Reactions: Shadow_Walkerr95 and hahabye
Emerald

Emerald

Despairing
Sep 16, 2019
As far as I'm aware helium tanks no longer work because the major manufacturers now add air. It's something like 80% helium 20% oxygen now which I don't think is enough to cause death (I could be wrong).

Using pure nitrogen would be better. This is my preferred method too but getting all of the parts together is complicated.

Reactions: hahabye
WilliamKline

WilliamKline

Flâneur
Sep 16, 2019
As far as I'm aware helium tanks no longer work because the major manufacturers now add air. It's something like 80% helium 20% oxygen now which I don't think is enough to cause death (I could be wrong).

Using pure nitrogen would be better. This is my preferred method too but getting all of the parts together is complicated.

If it were an 80/20 mixture you wouldn't really notice anything since the air we normally breathe already consists of about 20% oxigen. That would be a non-lethal gas unless the helium/oxigen mixture has a different effect on our bodies that the nitrogen/oxigen mix we normally breathe.

As far as the concentration of He / O2 goes, this is where mountaineering and atmospheric pressure at high altitude comes in. At higher altitude, say altitudes of 5500 - 7500m, the oxigen concentration is 10-8% - with low exertion, the body can survive without supplementary oxigen. At the 'ultra' altitude level, which is say 8000m upwards, oxigen concentrations drop to below 7%, which can very well be, when exerting yourself (you're climbing a mountain after all) deadly when not supplementing with oxigen.

So, with an exit bag, we are not heavily exerting ourselves (apart from a major stress response possibly), I'm guessing a mix of 5% oxigen would give you altitude sickness, which can be deadly when the levels of oxigen are not quickly restored - when altitude sickenss occurs, the first thing is to descend as fast as possible. You should be able to notice that the gass you're breating contains say 5% oxigen when you don't pass out soon but rather get signs of acute mountain sickness: headackes, dizzyness, vomiting, (having delusions) but still conscious - this would lead to a failed attempt,

If you're out of it within 30-60 seconds I'd say the gas mixture is pretty pure - you will not survive on 1% oxigen.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019

Video showing you how to make an exit bag

WilliamKline

WilliamKline

Flâneur
Sep 16, 2019
If it were an 80/20 mixture you wouldn't really notice anything since the air we normally breathe already consists of about 20% oxigen. That would be a non-lethal gas unless the helium/oxigen mixture has a different effect on our bodies that the nitrogen/oxigen mix we normally breathe.

As far as the concentration of He / O2 goes, this is where mountaineering and atmospheric pressure at high altitude comes in. At higher altitude, say altitudes of 5500 - 7500m, the oxigen concentration is 10-8% - with low exertion, the body can survive without supplementary oxigen. At the 'ultra' altitude level, which is say 8000m upwards, oxigen concentrations drop to below 7%, which can very well be, when exerting yourself (you're climbing a mountain after all) deadly when not supplementing with oxigen.

So, with an exit bag, we are not heavily exerting ourselves (apart from a major stress response possibly), I'm guessing a mix of 5% oxigen would give you altitude sickness, which can be deadly when the levels of oxigen are not quickly restored - when altitude sickenss occurs, the first thing is to descend as fast as possible. You should be able to notice that the gass you're breating contains say 5% oxigen when you don't pass out soon but rather get signs of acute mountain sickness: headackes, dizzyness, vomiting, (having delusions) but still conscious - this would lead to a failed attempt,

If you're out of it within 30-60 seconds I'd say the gas mixture is pretty pure - you will not survive on 1% oxigen.

This is to say really that I believe (most) helium tanks in Europe have a 99% and upwards He purity.

frees

frees

swoosh
Sep 6, 2019
Yes, even most "balloon helium" is high purity. At least in europe.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Yes, even most "balloon helium" is high purity. At least in europe.
I would double check that. When I was reseaching inert gas, the most accessible helium tank you buy in regular stores in the UK was from a brand called 'Balloontime' and they had recently started to do an 80/20 mix which is useless for the method. There was also a warning on industrial suppliers websites that they have problems with helium supplies. No problem with Nitrogen though

frees

frees

swoosh
Sep 6, 2019
I would double check that. When I was reseaching inert gas, the most accessible helium tank you buy in regular stores in the UK was from a brand called 'Balloontime' and they had recently started to do an 80/20 mix which is useless for the method. There was also a warning on industrial suppliers websites that they have problems with helium supplies. No problem with Nitrogen though
You are right. One should always be sure about the gas purity. You are also right about balloon gas in europe. I just researched a bit and some vendors are indeed adding air or oxygen. Balloonium by Air Products is also bad. But many other vendors are still selling 99% pure helium as balloon gas.

Recommendation is to buy industrial inert gas of at least 2.8 purity = 99,8%