SterileMoth

SterileMoth

Who knows man
Jul 9, 2020
I would like some opinions.

So, my ex fiance has decided that he is gay. That wouldn't be an issue, I mean I would still be crushed, but I would understand. Except he said he wasn't sure till he went out and cheated on me. Then he said he knew 100% that he was gay. Before cheating on me, he was still initiating sex. We were broken up for a period, and he came back into my life, and said he wanted to be with me still. He initiated sex, he asked for it and I expressed uncertainty because of the breakup, worry that he would leave again, and he assured me otherwise and we had sex. One week later, he was telling me he was undoubtedly gay, because he cheated on me. He wanted sex more often than I did for the majority of our relationship, he would ask almost daily. And I was one of the people encouraging him to explore his sexuality, I told him we could try something open once everything had settled down again, once we had a good trust bond going again, and he cheated on me. It wasn't like his sexuality was something he had to hide from me, I knew he was attracted to men. I even helped dismantle some of the internalized homophobia he had so that he realized he was Bi. Up until 4 months ago, he was always Bi with a heavy preference to women. Then suddenly, it changed, and he doesn't want to be with me simply because I don't have a cock. 3 years together mean nothing because I lack a dick. I offered to peg him, I asked what he was interested in, he never accepted. And now he is gay, and can't be with me because I was born in a vessel with a vag. I personally don't understand why you could claim you love someone, propose, promise them that you really wanted to be with them, but then not want to be with them all of a sudden just because of their sex organs. I haven't ever cared, I love people for who they are not for what they have down there, so I will never understand that. He chose to be with me for a reason, he decided he wanted to grow old with me for a reason, how come all of a sudden that doesn't matter anymore?

AND WHY IN HELL would he initiate, ask for sex, as recently as a WEEK before telling me he's gay and that it won't work out. Cheating and everything aside, why would he want to have sex with me, an afab person, if he was gay? Why would he continue to? Especially after we broke up for a while, he had opportunity to explore then, why would he get back together with me, just to have sex with me, then cheat and announce he's gay?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust, Brink and inactive
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Sorry that you had to deal with this.

In my opinion, he is clearly Bi and used the excuse of being gay to break the relationship with you. A gay person getting engaged or even married to someone who thinks they are straight is not unheard of, but they usually do their best to avoid sex, and most of the times there are clear signs that they are not enjoying it.

Or, the sudden changes of personality and sexual preference could be attributed to bipolar disorder or BDP, people with these conditions are way more likely to have a diverse range of attraction that changes with time, not to mention that some people with these disorders tend to be hypersexual.

Reactions: WinterFaust, SterileMoth, Brink and 1 other person