J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Everything is shit because of acne, and being financially illiterate by now I could have money on my own but what's the point without friends

• Hugs
Reactions: natali4, rationaltake, Pluto and 1 other person
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I was born into a family that was dirt poor. My mother and father had both dropped out of high school when my mother got pregnant with my brother. My father gambled away what little money they had, so my mother wandered ditches to pick up returnable bottles in order to buy baby food. My second father was an alcohol that drank all the money away. My third father also drank much of the money away. I remember we were on various government programs throughout most of my early childhood and my mother always worked 2 or 3 jobs at a time. Finally, by the time I was in high school, she had advanced enough in her secretarial job that we could get off of government aid.

I was the first member of my family to finish high school -- school was my escape from life and so I loved it and excelled at it. With student loans and grants, I managed to go to college, which allowed me to actually have a better life than my mother. I make a decent enough living to be comfortable, own a home, and be able to take vacations.

In some ways, my life was determined by the financial state of my parents, but only such that it made me determined from an early age that I would do better and never have to struggle financially like they did.

The finances are not really what made my life crap though and what brought me to this point. While the crappy relationships that my mother had definitely impacted how I did things later, that still probably isn't really what got me here. I truly think it all started with the sexual abuse by my grandfather when I was in grade school. While things were rough before that, I think that was the turning point where nothing was ever the same. I never saw myself the same from then on, nor did I look at the world the same way.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Sleepdrifter, rationaltake and 1 other person
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Very few people will admit that most of the important aspects of our life are more determined by chance than anything and the moment we are born is one of the most decisive ones.

The country and historical time we are born in, our family, our health condition, our body, our gender, our personality and so on. It all shapes us in so many ways and will determine the available paths to us. All that we can do by ourselves is to follow some of these paths and try to find a good point.

Just take a minute to think about how you and your life would be if you were born in the other side of the world, or in 250 B.C, or as in another gender, in a criminal family, with a serious health condition etc.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, NobodyKnowsMe, natali4 and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life really is so unfair as everything is determined by luck and chance. Many people are disadvantaged through no fault of their own. It really is such a cruel world that we live in, and one that I wish I never had to live in.

Sarz

Sarz

Apr 24, 2020
I was doomed from birth born a fat kid bullied by family, school alkie mother. No one liked me so mistook sex for love. Confidence zero results in me not going to school not getting good jobs or relationships. Tried to lose weight got a gastric band happy for one year then band totally messed up along with my head again. Met losers didn't deserve any better. If I'd felt good and confident and had some parental guidance and family and friends for advice I wouldn't be the anti social suicidal mess I'm in now. Someone said think positive go on dates look for nice job. Hey why don't I just take a bubble bath with herbal tea also then it will all go away. Bitch I'm dying here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, NobodyKnowsMe and rationaltake
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Life is a lottery and your circumstances at birth are the most pivotal factors of how your life can turn out. Granted, some people can make a bad hand work, but not everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shrike94 and NobodyKnowsMe
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Even if you were born without money if you parents really cared about you that is the biggest thing- with real caring day after day, year after year, you can find a way to gte money, relationships, friends, etc. Caring is way more important than money. In some rich families, not that often but in some, the kids ki9ll the parents or do horrible crimesz- because they weren't cared about, though a real lack of caring much more often just leads to ctb.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and Journeytoletgo
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
I disagree. Your social circle is the most important. Look at celebs ctb due to loneliness. The people close to you are invaluable both emotionally and professionally.

Reactions: chocolatebar and Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I disagree. Your social circle is the most important. Look at celebs ctb due to loneliness. The people close to you are invaluable both emotionally and professionally.
If you have a social circle who cares about you and has good values (and it does help to not be in a high crime part of town as well) you can find a way to get on a good career path. But they have to care about you over a long period of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, WorthlessTrash and Seeking_Peace
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
You can't have a social circle If you're ugly with 200 pimples on your face lol

The winners are determined at puberty and if you are ugly but your family has money and knowledge you can overcome your physical flaws.

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123 and NobodyKnowsMe
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021

The winners are determined at puberty and if you are ugly but your family has money and knowledge you can overcome your physical flaws.
In many ways this is true. I was definitely the ugly duckling as I went through my puberty stage. I had no figure, I did not have looks, my hair was constantly oily (looked super slick in less than 12 hours after washing it), and my face was a constant break-out session. I had no friends. I hated myself. My family definitely didn't have money. Probably what did the most towards saving me at that time was my love of school and a couple of really great teachers that helped me thrive in that environment.

I am greatful that there was at least something that kept me going.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021

Is there any possible treatment that might help some?

I did look on youtube under "severe acne treatment" and I did see some cases that may be similar to what you are describing and it looks like surgery is something that has helped some people. My guess is that you may know this and that maybe it is not financially possible, not sure. Some people have had improvements with diet changes such as eliminating dairy. My guess is that you know what all the options are but searching on youtube in this way does show some cases of severe acne that were made a lot better, but of course the money part is a concern.

I did have one long shot idea that might work, and that is a gofundme for this, possibly sponsored by a skin condition doctor who might do their work for free. I know it's a long shot, I'm just trying to come up with ideas.

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I've yet to see evidence of anything aside from the two--unchosen--factors of (1) genetics and (2) environment to affect our traits and behaviors (yes, including "choices").

Reactions: Foresight, Un- and Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
I was doomed from birth born a fat kid bullied by family, school alkie mother. No one liked me so mistook sex for love. Confidence zero results in me not going to school not getting good jobs or relationships. Tried to lose weight got a gastric band happy for one year then band totally messed up along with my head again. Met losers didn't deserve any better. If I'd felt good and confident and had some parental guidance and family and friends for advice I wouldn't be the anti social suicidal mess I'm in now. Someone said think positive go on dates look for nice job. Hey why don't I just take a bubble bath with herbal tea also then it will all go away. Bitch I'm dying here.
Same. If you were nurtured correctly and given the tools to be social such as sports and fitness, and parents that guided you you wouldn't be messed up I get it

Same for me poor and came out ugly so I was fucked unless my parents had money I could fix my jaw, skin, hairiness, cheeks, there needs to be a serious discussion.
Is there any possible treatment that might help some?

I did look on youtube under "severe acne treatment" and I did see some cases that may be similar to what you are describing and it looks like surgery is something that has helped some people. My guess is that you may know this and that maybe it is not financially possible, not sure. Some people have had improvements with diet changes such as eliminating dairy. My guess is that you know what all the options are but searching on youtube in this way does show some cases of severe acne that were made a lot better, but of course the money part is a concern.

I did have one long shot idea that might work, and that is a gofundme for this, possibly sponsored by a skin condition doctor who might do their work for free. I know it's a long shot, I'm just trying to come up with ideas.
It's not the money it's the fact that I was used and exploited by the pharmaceutical and doctors when it could have been treated internally and fucked my life up

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's not the money it's the fact that I was used and exploited by the pharmaceutical and doctors when it could have been treated internally and fucked my life up
That I am sure is true and terrible, but if you may have access to doctors who can help now they may be able to help you- on youtibe there are videos of doctors who have been able to do this. It is terrible what they did, and I understand if you choose to ctb to stop the pain, it's the path I am on as well. I just saw some of these videos and thought they might help. I hope you are able to find peace somehow.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
That I am sure is true and terrible, but if you may have access to doctors who can help now they may be able to help you- on youtibe there are videos of doctors who have been able to do this. It is terrible what they did, and I understand if you choose to ctb to stop the pain, it's the path I am on as well. I just saw some of these videos and thought they might help. I hope you are able to find peace somehow.
Thank you but I'll prob just CTB I'm tired of fighting this battle

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123