qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Student
Jul 27, 2024
I went out with my friends to a concert. It was "fun" I guess, lots of singing and dancing. But it all is punctuated by such an intense feeling of emptiness that I want to be alone instead, and curl up into a ball and disappear.

I used to think it was because I didn't have romantic love in my life. I feel like a loser because I've never had a girlfriend. But then I started dating, I got a girlfriend, and the feeling is still the same. I'm not together with her anymore, which is good because I just end up dragging down anyone too close to me.

Everyone around me is smiling and laughing, and I am too. But it's all so painfully empty. The music is coming from another world. I told a joke and made everyone laugh. But they're laughing at a joke told by someone else. I don't even exist in the same universe as other people, I'm like a ghost floating through the world, unable to make any meaningful difference anywhere.

I want to not bear this burden anymore. Please God, have mercy and let me die in my sleep tonight.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep